Cycle Donington Park.

Graham K
Graham K Posts: 329
Just done it this evening, seems like its held every month, details on the Donington Park website.
Firstly it cost a quid for couple of hours cycling, at your own pace :shock: :mrgreen:
You do the full GP circuit, you can cut the loop out but why should you, open to everyone from kids with stabilisers to racers.
Would go again if it coincided with my time off, Brilliant idea.

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    http://youtu.be/POOWpTXldTs?list=UUbL_d ... ulS-dpRCCA - they do charity evenings there as well
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Website says that the cancellation is permanent, at least for this year.
    for the present we are suspending all the remaining planned summer 2014 cycling evenings

I await their announcement cancelling all motor sport events on the circuit due to competitors not all going round at the same speed and the number of deaths and injuries that have occurred...
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    oxoman wrote:
    Luckily Mallory park isn't to far so taking youngest there on Monday night to dedicated family night. Perhaps Donnington could take a leaf out of Mallorys book.

maybe Mallory parks track insurers dont require the extra medical back up Donington is referring to, it sounds a bit like what happened with the Nottingham Evans ride last year, and the cost of providing the extra coverage makes the thing unviable. on a track day you can charge alot more for a bunch of middle age bikers to run round, then you can for a family to go cycling.

seems daft that there would be people going so fast around slower riders to create a problem and have accidents, the tracks plenty wide enough,so I dont know if they werent following similar rule regimes to track days, only overtake on the one side etc etc