Will this headset fit my pinarello?

19761980dean
19761980dean Posts: 45
edited July 2014 in Workshop
Hi just a quick question, I've had a battle taking the old integrated bearings out of my frame and been given a brand new fsa headset which I'm not sure if I can use, the fsa bearings slide in perfectly only issue I can see is the bottom lip of the frame is higher than the bearing by roughly 1cm any advice please 20140715_215548_zpspa0itqe5.jpg

20140715_215518_zpsdu0xq1iw.jpg

Comments

• jonnym5
    jonnym5 Posts: 76
    Those bearings you took out look flat on both sides without any angled surface.

The new headset seems like a semi integrated which won't work.

I'm having flashbacks to a corratec I've worked on and I believe that the bearings were the same that BB30 uses...42x30x7 or 6806.

Measure those old ones to be sure.
  • Thanks matey, thought it was worth asking you never know, I'll have a measure of the old ones then get hunting in here and eBay!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,180
    Thanks matey, thought it was worth asking you never know, I'll have a measure of the old ones then get hunting in here and eBay!

ebay won't be much use unless there's a complete correct headset there

measure the inside diameter of the headtube where the bearings seat (or of course the outside diameter of the bearings), usually top and bottom will be the same, but not always

then measure the outside diameter of the headtube

also look at the bearings you took out, is the outer race chamfered on one side? (it'd be the side that faces into the headtube) common angles are 36 and 45 degrees, 45 is fairly easy to eyeball, so if it's chamfered and not 45, assume it is 36

also measure the depth in the headtube to where the bearings seat, do it top and bottom

once you've got id(s), od(s), depth(s), and chamfer(s), then you have the info to start looking for a matching headset, in here for instance...

http://www.vanbokhoven.de/downloads/anl ... e_2010.pdf
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny