Bb30 to ultegra conversion if poss

Littleleg5
Littleleg5 Posts: 12
edited July 2014 in Workshop
Hi all , I have recently been given a felt f4 carbon frame with a bb30 bottom bracket with new FSA bearings installed. Could anyone recommend the best way to fit my ultegra chainset or would it be better to fit a suitable chainset compatable with the bb30. Cheers

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Praxis or KCNC convertor - keeps the bearings aligned so should last the longest. Wheels Mfg do a convertor that fits direct to the bearings - you get to keep all the cr@ppiness of BB30 this way!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Littleleg5
    Littleleg5 Posts: 12
    So would it be more beneficial to fit a FSA chainset to prolong the life of the bearings
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    I use the Wheels Mfg adapters in my F1 - works a treat.
    If the BB shell is the same as mine then the Praxis/KCNC adapters will not fit.
    Did you fit the bearings? Did you fit the snap rings? Again if the BB is the same as the F1 then the snap rings aren't required.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I've used the Praxis and very nice it is too.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rowlers
    edited July 2014
    On a Felt F1? Saddleback told me they WILL NOT fit...
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    rowlers wrote:
    On a Felt F1? Saddleback told me they WILL NOT fit...

Nope - the clues are in my signature
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    Just to add some balance to the thread. I tried the Praxis on my CAAD10 and hated it and swiftly reverted back to the BB30. Check e-bay for some FSA SL-K cranks.
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    Just out of interest how can you hate a bottom bracket? What was wrong with it?

I think it's only the higher end F1 frame that has the carbon cups and will not allow the Praxis to work.
  • rowlers
    Just out of interest how can you hate a bottom bracket? What was wrong with it?

I think it's only the higher end F1 frame that has the carbon cups and will not allow the Praxis to work.
    Possibly. Once had zero issues with mine (touch wood!)