Calling Whyte T129 Works owners, rear derailleur catching.

DigitalStorm
DigitalStorm Posts: 59
edited July 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a problem with the XT shadow + rear derailleur on my Whyte t129 works catching the chainstay and i am just putting this out there to see if any other owners have the same problem.

The derailleur clutch lever when in the ON position is catching the chainstay and stopping the derailleur from changing into the 15-13 and 11 tooth sprocket on the cassette therefore I cannot get the 3 highest gears.

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

As you can see in the pics the lever is touching the chainstay and that is on the 17 tooth sprocket, so as you change gear to the 15 tooth the derailleur cannot move along and up to change the gear.
With the clutch in the off position I can get all gears with no problems.

Am I the only T129 works owner with this problem or is it as I think, a design fault and has not been thought about before releasing the works edition?

The T129 and T129s have sram X7 and X9 so do not have the clutch lever in the way the same as the shimano.
Transition Trans AM 27.5
Niner ROS9

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Have you adjusted the B Stop screw?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • JBA wrote:
    Have you adjusted the B Stop screw?

Doh, thanks for that. I have adjusted it and it seems a little way off the sprockets but will give it a try at the weekend.
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9