EU Parliament

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2014 in The cake stop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D08TixQ0LhY

Farage publicly giving Juncker a dressing down in EU Parliament. Lots of agreement from others. Unlikely they will say anything though. I thought he spoke very well.

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    I see the Mantis lurking.
    This must be just up his street
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    Embarrassing for everyone involved.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    coriordan wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D08TixQ0LhY

Farage publicly giving Juncker a dressing down in EU Parliament. Lots of agreement from others. Unlikely they will say anything though. I thought he spoke very well.
    Fair play to Farage, he speaks his mind. He makes some valid points about Juncker and the way the EU works.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    A secret ballot with only one candidate? You have to laugh.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Can't see it changing for a while. Why would it? All the decision makers and policy makers would be out of a job. The longer it's umdemocratic, the longer the gravy train lasts.

I agree the EU has it's pros and cons, but it's hard to work out if the good is worth putting up with the bad
  • On BBC Radio many years ago there was an interview with a Soviet defector. He was dumbfounded that he had risked his life to escape that regime, only to find that the EEC (as was then) was trying to build a similar unelected, centralised government.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    I wouldn't be so quick to praise Farage; he represents the last hurrah of Babyboomers.
    He turned up to 3 meetings out of 42 on fisheries policies, as he was too busy feathering his own nest. He has marginalised the UK in europe.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.