Shimano Cassette with Campagnolo

logitech208
logitech208 Posts: 167
edited July 2014 in Workshop
Is it possible to use a shimano cassette with a campagnolo Veloce Groupset.

I need a new chain and cassette, I also am about to buy some wheels and it seems that the campagnolo cassettes are so much more then the shimano ones and i can get an 11-28 which i would like.

Comments

• socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    If it is 10 speed then no problem. Don't know about 9s or 11s though.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Is this a way around a shimano freehub then?
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Is it possible to use a shimano cassette with a campagnolo Veloce Groupset.

I need a new chain and cassette, I also am about to buy some wheels and it seems that the campagnolo cassettes are so much more then the shimano ones and i can get an 11-28 which i would like.

If you have an existing wheelset with a Campag cassette then AFAIK you can't run a Shimano cassette unless you are able to swap the freehub on your wheelset. Or swap the wheelset for one that will run Shimano.

Even then I'm not sure that the spacing on the 10-speed Shimano cassettes is identical to the Campag spacing so your indexing could be a problem with the Campag shifters.

I believe that the new 11-speed cassettes now all have the same spacing so you can run an 11-speed Shimano cassette with a Campag shifter but that doesn't really help you.

Why not have a look at the Miche cassettes - they will be compatible and are much cheaper than the Campag ones.
  • logitech208
    logitech208 Posts: 167
    Thanks great info, I didn't look at the Miche cassette i can get this in a 12-27 which is close enough.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,043
    So Shimano 11 spd wheels should go straight in a campag 11 speed bike ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Thanks great info, I didn't look at the Miche cassette i can get this in a 12-27 which is close enough.

It also appears that Ambrosio do 10-speed cassettes for Shimano or Campag fit. They also do a Shimano splined cassette that has Campag sprocket spacing

http://www.ambrosio.co.uk/ambrosio_cassettes.htm

- so have a look at those as well as the Miche
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    socrates wrote:
    If it is 10 speed then no problem. Don't know about 9s or 11s though.

Rubbish shifting though and expect it to be noisy. BBB and others do Shimano splined Campagnolo spaced cassettes.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    My GF ran Di2 10 speed (6770) on a Campag 10 speed cassette and the indexing was flawless.

She has now upgraded to Di2 11 speed which she is running with a Chorus 11 cassette. This is also a perfect match.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro