Time ZXRS

Capt.Ramjet
Capt.Ramjet Posts: 32
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Anyone have experiences with Time ZXRS? Reviews online are as rare as hen's teeth for some reason. I'm wanting to buy myself something a little special to celebrate a major birthday, and the Time ZXRS seems to fit the bill.

I'll try to get a test ride, but in the mean time any experiences?
'14 Supersix Evo HM
'13 Defy 0

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    I have the predecessor to this frame, the RXR. I would say that they have quite a unique ride quality, so it's very important you get a test ride. By unique, I mean the narrow tubing at the toptube junction with the seat tube gives quite a flexible feel which takes getting used to. I've ridden mine long distances and found it to be comfortable, so assume this is all part of the design process. However, out of the saddle it feels as stiff as anything else. The other thing worth mentioning is the build quality/finish of Time frames, as they are the best I have ever seen on a mainstream bike. Mine is 4 years old and still looks perfect.
  • Dippydog2
    Dippydog2 Posts: 291
    I have a Time Fluidity. Different frame of course but same company. I concur with the comments about build quality.

I would recommend buying from a reputable supplier in the UK with them providing warranty etc. Time are a VERY difficult company to get hold of and get any sort of response from, so if you do have a problem you want to be using UK retail legislation and processes.

I would gladly buy another one though.
  • Great feedback. Many thanks.
    '14 Supersix Evo HM
    '13 Defy 0