Giant Propel Cable routing

bob_pedals
bob_pedals Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Workshop
Hi forum,

I'm a noob here so please excuse my lack of previous.

I've just bought a Giant Propel Advanced 2 and while there is a lot to like about the bike, the cable routing behind the stem is a really messy solution. It may be great for Di2, but the duel port behind the stem for cables doesn't look good and also causes cables to flex and knees rub them when climbing out of the saddle. The other issue is that the cables must be turning 90deg once they enter the frame, this can't be a good solution.

Does anyone know of a better solution, or know of any aftermarket ports that allow the cables to enter the frame at an angle? The current cable tied solution is functional, but shouldn't be needed...

I've dropped the stem so will have to take the cables out and trim the outers a bit, but you can't trim too much, it's still going to run like this when using the Giant SLR aero bar due to where the cables pop out of the bar.

Comments

• Looks like whoever has built your bike has routed the gear cables on the wrong sides of the stem. The cables should not cross around the headtube. If you remove the top cap and the stem, you may be able to swap the cables over.
  • Sorted! Thanks :)