Painful knee

PurpleK
PurpleK Posts: 4
Hi all, I started bike riding a couple of months ago after a break of around 20 years because I am desperate to loose weight and my hubby who is a keen mountain biker, encouraged me to join him and well I am hooked :D

I was riding a cheap Apollo hybrid that we picked up 2nd hand locally (to see if I would take to it before buying a more expensive bike) and I rode fine on that... Hubby picked up my new bike last night, a Carrera Vengeance (mans version) and after setting it up etc.. we went out on the local tracks around where we live. It felt fine riding - handlebars felt too far away so my elbows hurt from leaning over so much so I think I need a riser stem to bring the handlebars a little closer to me..? My issue is, within an hour of getting back home my knees began to really hurt, so much so I couldn't climb my stairs without help. Could it be my riding position? I.e leaning to far forwards to reach the handlebars that put pressure on my knees? I didn't feel knee pain at all during my ride, just after.

Kerstin

Comments

• PurpleK
    PurpleK Posts: 4
    I know I got no replies but just wanted to update.. My hubby fitted a riser stem and my knee has been fine since :-)