which bike guys

bigcoose
bigcoose Posts: 41
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi guys,im currently riding a basic trek 1.2 with the odd upgrade and im currently thinking of going to a carbon framed bike.after having a good look round ive sort of narrowed it down to a giant tcr/defy composite 1 or the focus cayo evo 3.are they any good or are they to be avoided.also saw the ribble gran fondo but not sure about after sales.dont be shy guys;-)

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Without an indication if budget you are wasting your time and everyone else's.

Similarly an indication of what you want to do - long rides, time trialling, etc may also help.
  • bigcoose
    Both bikes are around 1600 quid, if you took time to look.its mainly used for leisure but maybe the odd time trial and 100+ mile ride. :D
  • bigcoose wrote:
    Both bikes are around 1600 quid, if you took time to look.

Stick wiv da Trek
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bigcoose
    bigcoose wrote:
    Both bikes are around 1600 quid, if you took time to look.

Stick wiv da Trek

Thats interesting mate, why do ya say that?
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    I think that he is suggesting that the leap might not be that significant at that price point.
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • bigcoose
    Ah right, I see what you mean now.that is a very good point, I dont really want to spend more than that really as its only a toy at the mo, if ya know what I mean.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You may get a noticeable upgrade going to a caad10 but it's quite aggressive. Perhaps a used supersix evo or an older model? Very nice bikes. Ribble 872 is also nice.

People will praise Rose bikes too for their good value for money.

Perhaps delete thread and try : 1600 for best bike - where?

Or something?
  • bigcoose
    Thanks for the input guys, its certainly helps getting advice rather than going in blind.