2»

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    from the man himself
    get an empty coffee jar and fill it with warm raw liver

tie the string round the lime, mke a loop in the other end. sit with the soles of your feet together in a yoga type position, shove the lime up your obvious and put the loop around your big toe

bash your willy stupid in and out of the jar of liver and at the end when your legs go straight, the lime is tugged from your obvious and it is said to be the best rub you will ever have.

i heard if you are sitting on the edge of a burning hot bath full of water too at the same time, you can plunge backwards as your legs go straight and this serves to heighten the whole affair.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I'm a bit hungover cheers for that
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    93061388.jpg
    great to see me in there being socially irresponsible with Kaise.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Remember nearly half of the people you meet will be of below average intelligence.

Is this because the other half (the half above average intelligence) don't mingle with us mongaloids and stay in the safety of their private estate/jet a.k.a VTECH :D

I don't always reside in a private estate. I also use penthouse suites. The view over Brickell Miami right now is stunning and being in the penthouse allows me (if I so wished) to piss on those below ! :)
    Living MY dream.
  • Xommul
    Xommul Posts: 251
    It's probably the fault of starva turning a lot of cyclists into racer wannabes. They don't stop for red lights, pedestrians or blue rinse grandmas with walking sticks. It's all about KOM. No politeness and they don't enjoy their cycling unless they are winning. Put the app in the bin and enjoy the sport again!
    MTB Trek 4300 Disc 1999
    Road Rose Carbon Pro RS Custom
    Canyon Spectral AL 7.9 29er
  • SlipSpace
    SlipSpace Posts: 46
    Xommul wrote:
    It's probably the fault of starva turning a lot of cyclists into racer wannabes. They don't stop for red lights, pedestrians or blue rinse grandmas with walking sticks. It's all about KOM. No politeness and they don't enjoy their cycling unless they are winning. Put the app in the bin and enjoy the sport again!

Amen!
  • contented
    contented Posts: 83
    Xommul wrote:

At least when they're racing they don't tootle along two abreast flirting. Those fellas don't even know how to compromise even though I, as a keen B road motorist, have done just that. I accept there's two of them and I don't even toot my horn anymore, but when passing I pretend there's only one which balances it out. It does get a bit close but it's a compromise nonetheless and a fair one at that.
    Are they happy? Are they heck, they're still shaking their fists and probably rushing home to upload their helmet cameras.
  • poah
    Xommul wrote:
    Put the app in the bin and enjoy the sport again!

no because I get to record a history of what I cycle, I get to compare my times as I get fitter and see where my friends have done. not everyone cares about KOM's - I record when I'm out with my son too.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Contented wrote:
    as a keen B road motorist

Do you have string backed driving gloves?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • contented
    contented Posts: 83
    arran77 wrote:
    Contented wrote:
    as a keen B road motorist

Do you have string backed driving gloves?

No, though I do aspire to a pair to go with my mirrored sunglasses and special driving moccasins.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    SlipSpace wrote:
    Xommul wrote:

Amen!

True dat.

I keep my phone in my pack and turned off. I don't need to record my rides. I know where I have ridden, I was there. As for racing, if I want to race, I go to a race it's good fun and usually very friendly.
    A KOM time doesn't tell you if the rider had a tail wind, was slipstreaming lorries or riding a moped so it's pretty meaningless.
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    POAH wrote:
    no because I get to record a history of what I cycle and see where my friends have done

This is why I like using Strava.
    POAH wrote:
    I get to compare my times as I get fitter

Your fitness cannot be measured based on historical Strava timing data... To measure your true fitness, you'd need to collect power figures.
  • poah
    POAH wrote:
    I get to compare my times as I get fitter

Your fitness cannot be measured based on historical Strava timing data... To measure your true fitness, you'd need to collect power figures.

its quite obvious if I do my normal circuts at a significanty faster time I'm getting fitter
  • rockmonkeysc
    Surely the best way to tell you have got quicker is you start leaving your mates behind on the climbs. And it's more fun than relying on an app. As long as you have friends of course.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    week to week form fluctuates so not a useful yardstick. Besides, I don't have eyes in the back of my head so have no idea how far behind they are. ;)

Strava is a bit of fun and a useful tool. I certainly find it quite motivating and I love stats.

There's alot of grumbling in this thread. You know there's a fair share of w*nkers on MTB's too? (It takes one to know one)
  • rockmonkeysc
    The worst thing about strava is the straight "strava" lines opened up on twisty trails. Ashton court trail builders spend a lot of time blocking off these lines.
    Timing isn't a great measure of fittness. Trail conditions have a big impact on your times so does temperature, technical riding, traffic on the trails and even your mood. That's too many variables to measure anything.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Bullshit. It's always happened
  • rockmonkeysc
    It's got a lot worse over the last few years.
    The Bristol Trails Group who maintain Ashton Court are convinced it's Strava users.
    It's got a lot worse on my local trails since everyone has been trying (failing) to beat the local pro freerider using a fraction of his skills and no more fittness. We block off the straight lines but more appear all the time.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    so instead of "I blame wiggle" are we now going to use " I blame strava"?

personally I don't get the hate for people using it. I use it and couldn't give a fark what anyone else thinks about me using it :roll:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    welshkev wrote:
    so instead of "I blame wiggle" are we now going to use " I blame strava"?

personally I don't get the hate for people using it. I use it and couldn't give a fark what anyone else thinks about me using it :roll:
    It's a bit like the family of the bloke in the US that tried to sue Strava because he died trying to get the fastest time down a mountain road. It's not Strava's fault the bloke was an idiot. Some people are twunts, with or without an app.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Only in America... Some people are so dumb it hurts, right?