'14 Giant Defy Advanced SL 0 Purchase

herebedragons
herebedragons Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Hello,

I am new to bikeradar.com! So anyhow, I am looking for some advice. I've been riding a 2006 Trek Madone 5.9SL with Shimano Dura-Ace 7803 mechanical group! I've got thousands of miles on this steed, and it is as clean and beautiful today as when I bought it back in 2006! We share a bond ... I love this bike! The ONLY things I've changed on this bike is I use a Stages Dura-Ace 7900 power meter as my left crank, and I have some Zipp wheels as a lighter set of wheels than the stock Bontranger set, which I use to train.

Coming from Colorado and now riding my Trek in New York for a few years, I've decided to get an "endurance bike/classics bike." The geometry of my Trek and the wonderful condition of the streets in New York started making me think a "classics bike" was in the cards. I've demoed many many many bikes ... Spesh Tarmac (race bike, I know), Spesh Roubaix, Canondale Synapse, Trek Domane, and Giant's Defy! Thinking that I would stick with Trek, I felt the Giant Defy felt better ... more plush, seemed to jump a bit more, and descends better (imho). Given that Giant has now announced their all new '15 Defy with disc only brakes, my LBS is willing to give me one hell of a deal on the '14 Giant Defy Advanced SL 0 with Dura-Ace Di2. I have very little interaction with Giant ... generally, owned Specialized or Trek (not really sure why)! I've looked around the internet for reviews of this particular model and while there are certainly ratings of the lower-end models, doesn't seem like a lot is considered with respect to the top-of-the-line model! I mean if the lower-end models do well, then no reason to think the top-end model would be a let-down. Nevertheless, does anyone here have experience with the '14 Giant Defy Advanced SL 0 and wouldn't mind sharing their opinions? From my test rides, it's a stellar addition to the quiver and maybe that's sufficient!

Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223
    Hello there,

The 2014 Defy Advanced SL 0 is not available to consumers in the UK, only the SL 1. I don't own one myself so can't offer you any input, however there is this post in the Your Road Bikes sub forum regarding the SL 1.

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12971122

It may be of interest to you?