New finishing kit. What to buy?

smoggysteve
smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
I am soon to replace my stem, bars, seatpost and saddle and I am caught in two minds of what to fit.

My first choice was Fizik Cyrano R1 all the way, but have also been looking at either Deda Superleggera or 3T.

Any ideas on which would be the best to get or is there something alternative that I have missed? Only important thing is they must be black as lots of red or white won't fit well with celeste.

Comments

• For bars, stem n post, I'd take 3T over Fizik or Deda any day.

Depends how deep your pockets are really. I've got 3T Limited seatpost and stem and they're lovely- black with white detailing, but they're stupid expensive (I was lucky they came on a Parlee I bought). I'd never spend that much on stem n post otherwise.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Same here 3T all day long
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Problem with 3T is it tends to look a bit crap - if you go for Ltd, you have to have the silly carbon stem if you want it to match. If you don't go for Ltd, you have to hope that loads of predictable red looks good on your bike unless you can find the black stuff but do they even do stems to match that. And then, if you like bar tape, the graphics end up looking poor as the logos will be under the tape. You just end up with a wierd random stripe on the top of the Ergonovas.

All the above nonsense put me off getting 3T for my Look - I went for the Deda stuff which seems to belong more on a Campag equipped bike anyway. The alloy stem is sensible and a lot cheaper than the heavier 3T Ltd carbon one. And doing the bolts up is definitely scary! Bar shape is very comfortable on the tops. I think I paid little over £200 for bar and stem from Ribble.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • You can get the "Team" stem in blacked out/shillouette graphics rather than red accents. Its better grade aluminium than the Pro and has titanium bolts instead of ss
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Cheers for the info guys. I do like the 3T stuff. I was really only unsure about it cos I couldn't find it all matching. If its available in black silhouette that would suite me better. I liked the black on black deda for that reason.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Zipp do some nice stuff with no red on, doesn't have the lego brick-ness of things like the 3T stems either.