RS Lyrik RC2DH Solo Air Settings

Grisley Paul
Grisley Paul Posts: 186
edited July 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Guys

For those that run these forks, would you mind posting your set ups, riding weight etc.

I've been having a play trying to dial these into different terrain but if I'm honest they always seem fine despite dial twiddling.

I'm not a pro rider and inhibit the reality is the differences between the upper and lower limits of adjustments just isn't that great.

Be interesting to hear other peoples setups :D

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The adjustments are quite subtle - and there are plenty of them! Are you using all the travel a couple of times per ride?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I used to have a set of Lyrik RC2DH. Great fork. There's not a huge range of adjustment.
    I seem to remember having the HSC at around 5 or 6 click, LSC around middle of the range then set rebound to suit your air pressure.
    The biggest improvement I made to mine was getting them converted to coil, they were so much more sensitive after the conversion.
  • Grisley Paul
    I hear what your saying guys

In reply to super's question, it only use around 60% of the travel most rides but that's 5 days a week riding on single track then at the weekends something more "interesting" I tend not to change the settings which maybe I should.

I've set them at 25% sag which is around 70psi at my riding weight of 85kgs and any lower they are just spongey.

Monkey - my current setting are pretty much exactly as you posted but as said, a few clicks here and there doesn't really do much. I'm after something that's more plush for my midweek easy stuff then at the weekends can just firm everything up.

Where should I be starting to get nice plush small bump compliance ?
  • rockmonkeysc
    Small bump compliance isn't great with the air spring, thats the main advantage of the coil conversion.
    I would run the same settings for all riding. If you make it softer for xc riding to get full travel then it will be bouncing away all the time as you pedal.
  • Grisley Paul
    Small bump compliance isn't great with the air spring, thats the main advantage of the coil conversion.
    I would run the same settings for all riding. If you make it softer for xc riding to get full travel then it will be bouncing away all the time as you pedal.

Hhhmm, that's what I've found by softening things up indeed....

I've nothing against coil, not fussed about the extra weight etc, just that it's fixed and should you want to go softer/ harder it's not such a simple task as with the air, but the air's not so small bump compliant so swings and roundabouts I guess 8)
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    not a lot of additional weight with the coil
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Grisley Paul
    If you went coil, how does that effect the damping and adjustments ? can you still retain and use the existing internals ?

Ii see TF will convert for £104 but I think you need a service at the same time so circa £200 all in
  • rockmonkeysc
    If the coil is equivalent weight to your air pressure then compression damping should be about right but you might need a couple extra clicks of rebound.
    You shouldn't ever need to adjust spring settings (air pressure). Once your sag is set that's where it needs to be. Forks are generally set and forget unless you gain/loose weight.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I would try more sag - say 30%. then use more low speed damping.