di2 help

blablablacksheep
blablablacksheep Posts: 1,377
edited July 2014 in Road beginners
New to di2.
Have a internal battery and just got bike, would it come fully charged or do I need to charge it?

I ask as it all connected but shifting not working, tried connecting the junction box to mains but no charge light also showing.

Can't find video either on first time di2 what to do s.

Cheers
London2Brighton Challange 100k!
http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners

Comments

• neal1984
    neal1984 Posts: 240
    Mine was charged enough to prove the hardware set up. I'd go over the wiring again to make sure everything is fully connected.

Life is like riding a bicycle: you don't fall off unless you stop pedaling.

Scott Foil Team Issue HMX Di2
    Boardman Team Carbon LTD
  • Simmsy77
    Simmsy77 Posts: 27
    I agree with the above post. A mate of mine had exactly the same problem when his bike was delivered last week. After abit of research online found that it had been wired incorrectly before being shipped out.
  • simonj
    simonj Posts: 346
    Charge light should show so sounds like wired up wrong or a fault. You could try pluggin it into a computer with the etube software loaded and see what components if any the etube can see as it initially does a search to work out what is connected.
  • IShotYou
    IShotYou Posts: 19
    Its suggested in various places on the net that power is removed whilst in transit, to prevent the accident protection mode being activated. I'd say the power has been removed at the battery (seat post) or the junction box by the bars.
  • Hold the shift lever for a few seconds and the charge indicator light on the junction box will come on - green is good, amber getting low - red needs charging - charge via micro usb on side of junction box - takes quite a long time to fully charge.

Hope this helps