73 degree stem - Canyon

Cayorob
Cayorob Posts: 6
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

Does anyone know how or where to get hold of a 73 degree stem to fit the 1 1/4 steerers on Canyon bikes?

I've tried Canyon direct and got told they don't stock them an to "search online"! I've seen both Ritchey WCS and Canyon branded ones on bikes in the pro peleton and even Quintana's Ultimate SLX was all over Canyon's website with a 73d stem fitted but i can't find them anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• cattytown
    cattytown Posts: 647
    Stems don't usually come in angles like that - that's a head tube angle. Most road stems are around six degrees, though there are others.

Most stems will fit - you just really need t work out the length you need, and get the right size for the bars.

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Correct about the angle , .. normally you get 6 degree to 17 degree Fizik do a 20 degree for a radical setup.
    However Canyon have decided to use a 1 1/4 standard , you might find it problematical if you purchased 1 1/8 fitment.... and also the choice of aftermarket stems is very limited.. Ritchey seem only to offer 6 degree.
  • cattytown
    Sorry missed the 1 1/4 bit - that's a tad inconvenient...

Canyon do list them online - https://www.canyon.com/_en/accessories/ ... 4&id=26503
    Giant Defy 2
  • Cayorob
    Cayorob Posts: 6
    Yes but they're the 6/84d ones. Ritchey do a 17/73 version on their website but only for the 1 1/8" steerers. I agree they're not a common size, just frustrating Canyon / Ritchey clearly make them but seem to keep them for the pro bikes
  • cattytown
    It seems most people with headtube angles around 73 degrees use a stem with around six degrees...
    Giant Defy 2