Ladies bikes

deimosjohnny
deimosjohnny Posts: 135
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Probably guess the answer but as it is the Mrs best be 100% and check with you guys.
What is the difference between a ladies bike and a lads bike? Is it top tube slightly shorter? Does it make much differencer? If she is comfortable on a bike surely it makes not a jot if it is designed for bird or bloke?

Assuming a good fit on a lads bike, is it just a better suited saddle which she would require.

She is now thinking she wants to start cycling, which could be great for us doing more things together.

Comments

• TerryCTR
    TerryCTR Posts: 143
    We just picked our bikes up at the weekend and she went for a dolce eq.

I believe the top tube is shorter and the handlebars are shorter meaning she is riding in a less aggressive position. The saddle is also more suited for a women so I would guess if she liked a guys bike and sorted the saddle she could be happy with it.

This bike also came with 24 gears and for sure takes the hills with less work than my specialized with sora 18 speed
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2
  • drummer_boy
    drummer_boy Posts: 236
    My missus has the Dolce Sport Equipped. the main differences between this and the Secteur (unisex equivalent) is (as has been said), a shorter top tub, ladies geometry saddle, and shorter cranks.

Oh, that, and the colour scheme :-)
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Womens bikes usually have pink or purple highlight colours on their frames, and they are usually called 'Sparkle', or 'Diva' or some other name which attempts to patronise them in some way. Otherwise, pretty much the same as mens bikes...