Orbea warranty repair 7 months still waiting

Cumbrianroo
Cumbrianroo Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Just wondered if my experience is common for Orbea customers? Bought a brilliant bike to train for and compete in IMUK. The down tube cable braze on dropped off, and because of the lifetime warranty on the carbon frame. I assumed it would be a quick return. Sent the bike to Dealer in February. It is still there now!! 7 months and no action. Now racing on a borrowed bike :( . I get the feeling that no- one is responsible for customer support in the UK. Any thoughts?

Comments

• lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    I get the feeling they've forgotten about it. What are they saying when you email?
  • deimosjohnny
    deimosjohnny Posts: 135
    Those that shout the loudest often get heard first.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,096
    when exactly did the shop return it to Orbea?
  • Lawrences- I've had automated e- mail responses saying please get in touch, then nothing. Also Facebook response saying we only deal with dealers. Matthew H- the shop has not returned it, as no- one has contacted them in the last 6 months either, only publicity information on their new frames!
  • deimosjohnny
    deimosjohnny Posts: 135
    The shop thinks you are a mug and are taking you for a ride. They have not sent it back!

I would be on the phone every day asking what is happening and I would stand in the shop every saturday and loudly ask when will they get your bike sorted.

Don't be a mug.
  • patrickf
    patrickf Posts: 536
    Wow! 7 months? I'd have expected a full replacement in that time as they can't repair it in a timely manner.

Has the shop really still got your bike? Have you seen it lately?