Superstar Pave 28 wheels - anyone?

bigmul
bigmul Posts: 208
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

Looking at different options for some new wheels and these seem to get a good write up in Cycling Plus, also look to be same weight as Campag Zondas too.

Wondered if anyone else tried them?

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/p ... uct-detail

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -14-48292/

Thanks!

Comments

• NOT compatible with 11 speed Shimano cassettes,

Really?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bigmul
    bigmul Posts: 208
    I've got 10 speed SRAM...not a deal breaker, but I did think it sounded a bit out of date too!
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    You could just swap for the campy freehub and use a campy 11 speed cassette with shimano / SRAM.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    You could just swap for the campy freehub and use a campy 11 speed cassette with shimano / SRAM.

Not sure that would work - spacing different??? Surely they aren't going all compatible all of a sudden, are they? :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    11 speed cassettes are all spaced the same. I have a powertap with campagnolo 11 speed cassette that works perfectly with full Ultegra 6800 on my TT bike.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    SecretSam wrote:
    DiscoBoy wrote:

Not sure that would work - spacing different??? Surely they aren't going all compatible all of a sudden, are they? :lol:

:roll:
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Sorry if I sound silly here.
    Does that mean 10 speed Campagnolo hubs work with Campagnolo 11 speed cassettes on a 6800 drivetrain? :oops:

Matt
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    matt-h wrote:
    Sorry if I sound silly here.
    Does that mean 10 speed Campagnolo hubs work with Campagnolo 11 speed cassettes on a 6800 drivetrain? :oops:

Matt

Yes. Most Campagnolo 10 speed hubs also take 11 speed Campagnolo cassettes. Exception is the older Hope PRO 3 one.
    left the forum March 2023