saddle shape

richiegwy
richiegwy Posts: 171
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm currently riding with a Prologo Nago saddle 134mm. I move around a little on it but generally its ok. The main thing I find is that I feel nearly perched on my sit bones with very pointed contact points and a bit of rubbing/chaffing when I sit back onto the saddle which in turn drives my forward on it.

Is this normal or should I be looking at a different shape saddle? I know its a fairly personal choice but any pointers or thoughts would be welcome.

Comments

• JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    I've come to the conclusion that there is no logic regarding saddles, you just have to blow all your earnings buying and trying various models until you find one that works. Then buy as many of those as you can afford in case they stop making them
  • Serious Cat
    Serious Cat Posts: 489
    When it comes to saddles one man`s delight is anothers pile of junk,thus its impossible to recommend a saddle for another persons ar5e. I tried the very popular charge scoop which has many positive reviews, but in my case I like flat saddles and the scoop is swooping curves like an aliante which my ar5e absolutely hated it as it caused the most bike numbness I have ever had.
    This serious internet site..............I serious cat
  • richiegwy
    richiegwy Posts: 171
    jackpozzi, that's what I'm afraid of!! Once I start I might not stop!!

In general I'm trying to get an idea if a rounder or flatter shape would be better for me