Garmin 800 Route colour

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited July 2014 in Road beginners
Arrgh! The stupid purple route colour on my Garmin 800 is driving me mad. There's so little contrast against the OS maps that it's all too easy to miss turns while navigating. :evil:

I've searched the various Garmin forums to see if it can be changed, but it seems not unless there is an uber-geek reading this who knows a software hack. Pretty please.
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Have a look at the guide at http://www.forgot.co.uk/garmin-edge-nav ... /edge-800/ where it states

"Of course you can pick any colour you like, but I find lime green works well. Note that this colour only applies when Always Display is On; If you’re “doing” a course then this will be shown in purple and you can’t change that"
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    When you select the course hit the spanner button and you can change the colour of the route and a few other options too.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    redvee wrote:
    When you select the course hit the spanner button and you can change the colour of the route and a few other options too.

But only if the route display is "Always On", sadly.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • freezing77
    freezing77 Posts: 731
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    redvee wrote:

But only if the route display is "Always On", sadly.

^This^