Classic car rally

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
Algarve classic car rally, some of the entrants...

DSC02886.jpg

DSC02888.jpg

DSC02907.jpg

DSC02889.jpg

And more...

http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/photo ... lly%202014
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Haven't been to Vilamoura for years, mooring the yacht got expensive :)
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I've met Vilamoura loads of times. Wonderful company.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Looked at the other pictures and it just makes me think how dull MGAs and MGBs are, the bloody things are everywhere. Nice to see the strange, the quirky and the rare. I like the Alpine A110.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Saw similarly aged cars in Prague 12 years ago including a British car which chian drive that had been driven from Coventry. Took 3 days apparently.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    can't beat a decent rally - though haven't been on one for years :(
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    I lived in the Algarve for 3 months and the closest thing I saw to a classic car was something like this

2315773923_46f080fb75.jpg

looks like someone has cut a banana shape into herbie
  • team47b
    I lived in the Algarve for 3 months and the closest thing I saw to a classic car was something like this

Talvez, se você remover a cabeça de seu cu você teria visto mais :wink:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260

2315773923_46f080fb75.jpg

Now that is a classic in need of the full T47 resto treatment 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    Hundreds of Carochas (beetles) here, you get one which has been completely restored for about 3 grand, common as muck :D

I'll fix this one when I've finished work on my bike :D
  • team47b wrote:
    Hundreds of Carochas (beetles) here, you get one which has been completely restored for about 3 grand, common as muck :D

2016?
  • team47b
    team47b wrote:

2016?

Possibly, but more likely to be nearer to half past eight, depending on whether I stop for beer :D
  • team47b
    I'm sorry if you are offended by my bluntness, but on a thread about classic cars in Portugal, a place where there are more classics cars than bicycles I was somewhat surprised that you didn't manage to see any in your three months here and even thought it necessary to point this out to everyone on a thread about the classic cars that are quite clearly here, so I had to conclude that maybe you had your head down and were focused purely on your cycling when you were here and commented as such in a less than subtle way :D

I forget that not everyone visiting BB is able to cope with the 'banter' and will try and make allowances for this in the future.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    :) I put it through google translate. Problem is, it doesn't translate smileys :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    :) I put it through google translate. Problem is, it doesn't translate smileys :wink:

Did you try it with your head out of your ar$e? :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Did you try it with your head out of your ar$e? :wink:
    Doesn't matter, my head's so far up my own arse I can peer out through my tonsils :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:
    I'm sorry if you are offended by my bluntness, but on a thread about classic cars in Portugal, a place where there are more classics cars than bicycles I was somewhat surprised that you didn't manage to see any in your three months here and even thought it necessary to point this out to everyone on a thread about the classic cars that are quite clearly here, so I had to conclude that maybe you had your head down and were focused purely on your cycling when you were here and commented as such in a less than subtle way :D

I forget that not everyone visiting BB is able to cope with the 'banter' and will try and make allowances for this in the future.

Fairly tame for Bottom Bracket I reckon, no need to apologise T47, some people are just sensitive little soles :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    Thanks Arran.

I didn't say I was sorry for what I said, I said I was sorry that he was offended, there's a difference :D
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    arran77 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Fairly tame for Bottom Bracket I reckon, no need to apologise T47, some people are just sensitive little soles :lol:

Was that a typo (souls) or should be 'soles as in short for arseholes?
    I can't decide if you have been clever or not.
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Was that a typo (souls) or should be 'soles as in short for arseholes?
    I can't decide if you have been clever or not.

I assumed it wouldn't let you write arsehole, that'll teach me :lol:

Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups (I know you can't say that :wink: )

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    To assume makes an ass of u and me.
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    To assume makes an ass of u and me.

Wise words oh old one :lol:

I could learn a lot from you :P

seanoconn