Friday Afternoon Mass Debate

Levi_501
Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
edited July 2014 in MTB general
So with Friday afternoon upon us, work is pushed to one side and thoughts are moved to the weekend. However before we all escape we need something to do!

As we all know, manufacturers need to sell bikes, they have pushed the 29” wheel upon us and told us it is all better. Now they are saying, no; 650b is better!

So in a few years time, when the manufacturers need a new fashion to sell bikes; which Carlos Fandango size wheel do you think they will be pushing???

24” or even 31/32”??? Wide tyres???

Comments

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I'll go for 24" wheels, steel frames and belt driven 15 speed mountain bikes with really low front ends, bar ends and very narrow bars in neon yellow. Also we will all be mountain biking in one piece Lycra body suits to increase speed ;)
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Yawn...
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Yawn...

Posted in testament to it being Friday afternoon and not the thread subject I hope :wink:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I'm incredibly disappointed this isn't about what I thought it would be :lol:
  • Levi_501
    welshkev wrote:
    I'm incredibly disappointed this isn't about what I thought it would be :lol:

...and what was that!
  • Steel frames.

Purple anodized bar ends.

Tiago Mud Dawgs.

Cool stops.

Oh, wait, you said future......
  • ScareyJ
    ScareyJ Posts: 64
    It's Official!

Grifters are Back!
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Seriously, I'd like to see movement toward gearbox/internal rear hub tech pushed in a meaningful way.

Bikes in general currently seem to be on the right track and working well - not sure we needed 650B over 26" but the 650 bikes are pretty nice and the added wheel base without the big wheel ridiculousness of the 29" definitely feels nicely stable.

I am told trails will evolve to fit the new wheel sizes so that's nice.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    I am told trails will evolve to fit the new wheel sizes so that's nice.

Yeah, I heard that one, too. Sounds plausible...
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • I am told trails will evolve to fit the new wheel sizes so that's nice.

Yeah, I heard that one, too. Sounds plausible...

I'm hoping to alter the curvature of the earth (a bit) round my way to make my 29er roll better.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Since 650b rided exactly like 26" nothing will change.
    For trails to evolve to wheel sizes everyone with a certain size wheel would have to take the same lines but they don't.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I had a mass debate, but no one decided to join me. Just got odd looks when I asked if they wanted to join in me in mass debating.
  • Levi_501
    Could it be internal drive systems?

http://innovation.uk.msn.com/personal/t ... the-future

Think of the marketing BS that could push this for years, not to mention an array of new parts that could be sold that would not fit current bikes; the Phoebus Cartel would be proud!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Levi_501 wrote:
    Could it be internal drive systems?

http://innovation.uk.msn.com/personal/t ... the-future

Think of the marketing BS that could push this for years, not to mention an array of new parts that could be sold that would not fit current bikes; the Phoebus Cartel would be proud!

They claim it's drive chain is "virtually unbreakable". Sounds like a challenge to me...