A Sunday In Hell

rc856
rc856 Posts: 1,144
edited July 2014 in Pro race
Apologies if this is a repost or in the wrong place but A Sunday In Hell started on BBC 4 ten
minutes ago (11pm)
For those who might not have seen it. Worth a watch :)

Comments

• d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    Thanks! Won't stay up, but have recorded it for delectation tomorrow when the missus is out!
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Proper Italian jersey in the peloton (is that Moser wearing it? I presume he would have been champion at the start of 76, having won in 75?). Puts the pisspoor Astana version to shame.
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Great. I saw this was on, I will have to watch it on iplayer this weekend. Ages since I have seen it - I remember the fairly dry narration and some odd music.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssss Roooooubaaaaaaaaix
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    I really enjoyed it, I remember being given a copy on VHS a few years ago, but had forgotten how enjoyable it was. It's watchable just for the atmosphere, clothes and general picture it paints of the time.
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    I only caught the second half of it, but it's an amazing film. It is interesting to see that the excitement and ambience that seems to surround that race in 1976 still surrounds the big races today. Things really haven't changed all that much.

The bicycles from that time were also beautiful!

DD.
  • comsense
    comsense Posts: 245
    Size of the Riders then compared to now ! Looks like some of them would eat a couple of Froomes for a snack.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Does anyone have the link that was bounced around here a while ago for the full film on YouTube - have searched around but can't find it.

Ta muchly.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    I am going to go against the trend and say that I found it immensely dull: to the point where I tried skipping ahead to where it was just as dull, so I switched it off.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    I am going to go against the trend and say that I found it immensely dull: to the point where I tried skipping ahead to where it was just as dull, so I switched it off.

You've got to be into your cycling history. I love it,Moser, Maertens, DeVlaeminck and Merckx superb. A tough old game back then, abandoning riders having to get lifts with fans
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Right old wheel sucker that Demeyer.