Assos shorts

ManOfKent
ManOfKent Posts: 392
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
I have a CRC voucher to use up and this seems like a good opportunity to buy a pair of Assos shorts that would normally be out of my price range.

The options are FI.Uno S5 Logo or NeoPro_s7. Judging from the bumf on CRC, the S7 is more elaborate yet they're more or less the same price. Please could someone with experience of these give me some pointers as to the difference between the two.

(I'll probably get myself either a pair of Etxeondo Orhi or Endura FS260 as well, so suggestions of Assos alternatives aren't needed. :wink: )

Comments

• ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    If it's Assos you want, why not ask Chain Reaction to price match Wiggle for the S7_equipe? (< £110 with code TDF-1)
    Though I do think Chain Reaction only price match after purchase with vouchers for the difference

Seems like you might end up with more vouchers, which I guess is what you're trying to use up. Sorry. Pointless post
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • milleman
    milleman Posts: 181
    In the past I used the Assos mille bib short, changed this year to the new S7 which have proved to be fantastic. No experience of the Uno short as I prefer a slightly thicker pad myself.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I've got the Mille short, and to be honest I find them a little nappy like. My brother uses the Uno and finds them much better.
    I've recently bought some Exteondo bib shorts and to be honest, much prefer them to my Assos shorts.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • I use the uno bibs and they are so comfortable.