Felt F95 Sora Wiggle Exclusive vs B'TWIN TRIBAN 500

S0rin
S0rin Posts: 106
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
[Updated the question]

Felt: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/felt-f95-sora-wiggle-exclusive/
BTWIN: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-500-r ... 06944.html

Both seem similar. Besides looks, any reason to chose one over another?

Also, does anyone know whether the BTWIn uses the old-style Sora shifters? I know that the Felt has the new style.

Comments

• lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Dunno I'd get the Felt but I like Felts.

On the wiggle page it says there is a 3 year frame warranty of the felt and it also says there is only a 1 year warranty on the frame. I would ascertain which is correct before you purchased as a good warranty can be worth as much as the bike 2 years down the line.
  • fatdaz
    fatdaz Posts: 348
    I'd go with the Felt personally but I can't get the product details to show on my iPhone so I don't know whether it's a triple or a double chain set. The Triban is a triple and the Merlin is a compact double - out of those 2 I'd go for the double (although 11-23 is quite aggressive gearing and could easily be trouble over hills depending on your level of fitness)
  • S0rin
    edited July 2014
    The Felt is a double, and it comes with a three year frame warranty. The BTWIN comes with a lifetime frame warranty.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    The Merlin is 11-25 because it's a 2013 same with the Felt, the Btwin is 12-25.

Btwin is only in stock in 60cm frame Sizes.

The Felt is Circa 600grams lighter than the B twin and Merlin is so heavy they don't list a weight.
  • S0rin
    Fyi, I went for the BTWIN. It is great.
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    Easy - The Felt.
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Felt everytime, especially with the new style sora shifters, infinitely better
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2