18650 Rear lights ?

sprite1275
sprite1275 Posts: 157
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
Are there any out there? I want a rear light that's pretty powerful so it can be used in daytime. Something that will take one cell and not run off a pack of 18650's

Comments

• Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Any 18650 torch, red filter, superglue. But it will probably get into the "excessively bright" category if you use it at night.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Pretty much all rear led lights can be seen in the daytime, especially if they flash.
    But I might drive into you anyway for being annoying.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    All decent LED rear lights that use 2xAAA batteries will be more than good enough even in daylight, assuming the batteries are well charged. An 18650 is overkill and would be annoying to drivers.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • sprite1275
    I'm a driver and really do not know why this would anoy anyone.
    Its to go on a kids trailer that I've just got for my little one, hence wanting to be seen. I live in a village and have to go up a little stretch of road to get to any paths.
  • sprite1275
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Any 18650 torch, red filter, superglue. But it will probably get into the "excessively bright" category if you use it at night.

I have a 502b so I'll have a look at some filters. Cheers.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    sprite1275 wrote:
    Its to go on a kids trailer that I've just got for my little one, hence wanting to be seen. I live in a village and have to go up a little stretch of road to get to any paths.
    Drive behind some idiot with foglights on and you'll know why.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sprite1275
    cooldad wrote:
    sprite1275 wrote:
    Drive behind some idiot with foglights on and you'll know why.

In the day time :? Really wouldn't bother me, if anyone got annoyed at a light on a kids trailer in the day time has issues anyway.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    The fact that the light is on a kids bike is irrelevant. Lights that are too bright are blinding and annoying, period.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava