team47b Posts: 6,424
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
Mornin' gemem :D

Wot you up to today?
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Daughter No 1's birthday today so I'll pay her a visit bearing gifts (of money, as that's all she wants) :)

Take bike to LBS, after three days in Yorkshire it, and me, is creaking and squeaking a lot :roll:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning.

I'm 'working' until lunchtime then off to the hospital again with Mrs 77 then taking the oldest littley for a check up at the dentist.

What are you doing to the bubble car today T47 :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Today is a good day, my kidneys may be hurting (about time I became diabetic with all the chocolate n stuff I eat) but the cafe is now only charging me a pound for my espresso as I am regular and just nail it without sitting around. I like favoritism.

On top of that my new pedals are arriving today according to the email/text.

Need to get bike checked think the BB needs a grease I think, maybe a new headset, but that can wait as I'm off to do some hills tonight and as I have no +1 bike it has to be available.

Hope both the Dentist and Hospital are all clear 77.

For a good chunk of life (12-24 maybe?) money is a great present, I know people knock the lack of thought but it allows some freedom. As soon as you gain a nice salary then you want the thoughtful gifts back, how are we ever happy...
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I have tried the thoughtful present thing but I am shite at it. So if I have to give any pressies, money is my preferred and easiest option.
    I am also the world's worst receiver of gifts. I just hate it.
    I know, I am a right miserable git.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Windy today, unfortunately my personal wind was not enough to combat the headwind on the ride in.
    Probably be a reasonably busy, but unexciting day at work today. Riding down to Twickenham to meet the trouble for lunch later.
    Hope all goes well with the appointment Arran.
    Bally, you being a miserable git is not news. But if you want to try and give your way to a happier existence I am more than happy to receive a financial gift rom you. See how kind I am.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    My ambition is to be a miserable old git. :lol:
  • Flâneur
    change a to THE
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Ballysmate wrote:
    My ambition is to be a miserable old git. :lol:
    It's good to have something to aim for in life. My kids tell me I am a miserable old git, although not quite in those words.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    morning (just)

Working from home today as I'm off to sunny Cardiff later - but having problems getting into the system so spending the time on the phone, now my neck is killing me :)

right off for more tea and a look in the cupboards for food
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Afternoon All,

Looks like I may be in trouble for exercising a bit of judgment and initiative at work :roll: but WTF I'm off to Bike Park Wales tomorrow morning so will be forgetting about work for a few days at least. It's also our 15th wedding anniversary today, though you'd never have guessed it this morning....better stop off at the petrol station on the way home to buy some dead vegetation in cellophane.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    arran77 wrote:
    What are you doing to the bubble car today T47 :P

Today I are mostly been talking off the rear bumper, not sure why I call it the rear bumper as it doesn't have a front one!

making some new rubber 'gaskets' to fit where it bolts to the body to protect the new paint, just about finished all the jobs on the bubble, now waiting for insurance company to give go ahead/dineiro :D
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Busy morning so far, fairly fueled by coffee. Its pick on the ginge day today, he has had the wheels on his chair taken, his peanut butter turned blue with food colouring and his screen saver changed to something inappropriate.

Quieter avo planned.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Flâneur
    Stevo, just find a round about with some vegetation
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    making some new rubber 'gaskets' to fit where it bolts to the body to protect the new paint
    Like this?
    2K9679_1.JPG
    I've got 457 in stock.
  • veronese68
    Oh and happy anniversary Stevo, I like your present to the Mrs. Going to Welsh Wales and leaving her in peace.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    making some new rubber 'gaskets' to fit where it bolts to the body to protect the new paint
    Like this?
    2K9679_1.JPG
    I've got 457 in stock.

One of your top selling lines? :)

See if Unipart want to buy some
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:

I don't think we're going to get rich on that one, that's about a year's stock.
    Unipart said you'd vouch that their credit is good.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

I don't think we're going to get rich on that one, that's about a year's stock.
    Unipart said you'd vouch that their credit is good.

:)
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon All,

Looks like I may be in trouble for exercising a bit of judgment and initiative at work :roll: but WTF I'm off to Bike Park Wales tomorrow morning so will be forgetting about work for a few days at least. It's also our 15th wedding anniversary today, though you'd never have guessed it this morning....better stop off at the petrol station on the way home to buy some dead vegetation in cellophane.

you're going to Merthyr? Voluntarily? Things are going downhill....

you could bring her back some cockles and laverbread :wink:
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It's also our 15th wedding anniversary today

Send my commiserations to Mrs 666 :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    You're all cheeky barstewards :) Just to show I care I shall send a picture postcard from Merthyr - Arran, check your email tomorrow :wink:

Right, off to nick some daffodils from a local park....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Like this?
    2K9679_1.JPG
    I've got 457 in stock.

Is that actual size? :shock:
  • team47b
    I must have had a premonition about today being thirst-day, we had a call from a friend who is over on holiday and We had to go to the cafe and drink beer all afternoon, and I don't usually drink, got home and there were two neighbour's on my doorstep who insisted we sit down and drink beer and eat tremoços (lupin seeds) so now not feeling thirst-day at all!

So what now, more beer, insulin or a lie down :?
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    Is that actual size? :shock:
    It is if I look at it on my phone.
  • arran77
    :lol:

I've time traveled back two weeks now :wink:

seanoconn