edited July 2014 in Road beginners
xcasdascdsads

Comments

• hubjon11
    hubjon11 Posts: 6
    bump
  • TerryCTR
    TerryCTR Posts: 143
    I'm new to the bike scene but to me that doesn't seem like much of a budget to enable you to get a brand such as Giant/Specialized above the sora groupsets as that's the same brands I was looking at and I went specialized in the end.
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Sounds like you're pretty clued up for a newbie.

The specialized allez is a great entry level and the CAA10 you mention is a great bike and a cut above the allez.

One thing I would say is at 15 you haven't stopped growing so it might be worth opting for a cheaper 2nd that will do for a year or two before you go for a more expensive bike. Can work both ways - either you grow out of it or you buy a bike with room to grow and never grow into it.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Given you are talking in $ I presume you are US? I'm less familiar with us shops
  • TerryCTR
    TerryCTR Posts: 143
    Sounds like you're pretty clued up for a newbie.

The specialized allez is a great entry level and the CAA10 you mention is a great bike and a cut above the allez.

One thing I would say is at 15 you haven't stopped growing so it might be worth opting for a cheaper 2nd that will do for a year or two before you go for a more expensive bike. Can work both ways - either you grow out of it or you buy a bike with room to grow and never grow into it.

I've learned all I know (which isn't much :lol: ) on this forum. I guess my allez sport will just have to do for now until I can justify stepping up a level or two with the next bike
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2