Best lights for daylight use?

Frank the Husky
Frank the Husky Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Commuting general
I have read an awful lot about the Hope District and many others and it's making my head hurt. Basically I want to be seen from a long way away in daylight, even bright sun. Which front and rear lights would you recommend?

Comments

• If you don't mind the wires to the separate battery pack, try to find some magicshine or even cheaper copies magicshine with blinking mode. They are cheap, powerful enough for night offroad riding and the will be visible during the day.

On the other hand, I don't find them practical or aesthetically pleasing on my city bike.
    So during the night or couldy/rainy/foggy days I use this IZONE Arc 400:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/izone-arc-400-r ... ont-light/
    and for the rear some 2W blinking light.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Hope District here. Expensive but worth it IMO.

On the front I'd look at something like an Exposure Trace that pulses, is tiny and easy to re-charge.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    I use an Exposure Joystick on pulse on the front. I think it is better than a regular flashing light as the light is always on with a very bright pulse to attract attention to it.
    On the back I use an Exposure Flare, but would go for a TraceR over that now.
  • BSRU
    BSRU Posts: 74
    For a rear light I would recommend a Dinotte 400R Daytime version but it is expensive. It is 400 lumen and can be seen clearly even when riding straight into the sun.

For a front, any of the magicshine or magicshine clones will do. Once had another cyclist tell me how he saw my magicshine clone from over 800 metres away.