Reverb for Mega AM

Grisley Paul
Grisley Paul Posts: 186
edited July 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
For those running a reverb on a Mega AM, what is the best length hose to order ?

Cheers
Paul

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Just get the longer one. It takes seconds to shorten and it's better to have too much than not enough.
    I don't remember cutting much off mine.
    Are you going for the stealth or non stealth?
  • Grisley Paul
    Just get the longer one. It takes seconds to shorten and it's better to have too much than not enough.
    I don't remember cutting much off mine.
    Are you going for the stealth or non stealth?

Cheers, was planning the stealth as the frames setup for the internal routing

Just looking on CRC and it doesn't even mention a length, just left hand lever, dia, total length (420mm) and drop (125mm)....

Swear I've seen hose lengths mentioned elsewhere :?
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Only OE posts have hose length options, so if you saw hose lengths its probably because they were an OE post. That said, even the shortest OE length fits most bikes no problems, unless you have some crazy downtube up and under routing on an XL frame.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Grisley Paul
    Ok, well should have a reverb stealth landing on the doorstep tomorrow.

All seems straightforward, just wondering about hose shortening...

The kit from CRC does NOT come with a bleed kit, is it strictly necessary or can you shorten the hose without the need to bleed ?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    No, you shouldn't need to bleed it. Just cut the hose (preferably with cable or hose cutter) and screw the lever on to the end of the hose. Hold it up and be reasonably careful with it and you won't need to bleed it.
  • Grisley Paul
    No, you shouldn't need to bleed it. Just cut the hose (preferably with cable or hose cutter) and screw the lever on to the end of the hose. Hold it up and be reasonably careful with it and you won't need to bleed it.

Great, I used to be a plumber and therefore have a pair of "hep" cutters for plastic pipe, think they'll do the trick :D
  • Grisley Paul
    Well, all fitted today, made a bit of a hash of shortening and routing the hose down the seat tube out the hole as I was babysitting my 12 week year old son at the same time, so every time I got somewhere, he cried, so clean hands,dummy etc, etc.... :lol:

Got there in the end but had to bleed as ended up pushing the lever fully home winding it back on the shortened hose :roll:

But the bleed kit was in the box from CRC which they said wouldn't be, so BIG thumbs up for CRC

Top bit of kit, can't wait to get out on it tomorrow :D