vinnymarsden
vinnymarsden Posts: 560
edited July 2014 in Pro race
Deleted by poster

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Seriously. What is wrong with you?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • vinnymarsden
    In what way??lol
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    In what way??lol
    The title is a spoiler of sorts for those waiting for highlights. There's a spoiler thread for the stage. Your opinions aren't so special that they merit their own thread.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    I'm a Wiggins fan but you can't base team selection purely on what may happen. I think Sky were wrong but today doesn't prove my point in any way.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    RichN95 wrote:
    In what way??lol
    The title is a spoiler of sorts for those waiting for highlights. There's a spoiler thread for the stage. Your opinions aren't so special that they merit their own thread.

I agree with the second point, but anyone waiting for the highlights who comes onto the pro race forum in the meantime is an idiot
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Crozza wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    In what way??lol

I agree with the second point, but anyone waiting for the highlights who comes onto the pro race forum in the meantime is an idiot
    I agree , but that doesn't mean we should let standards slip.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • vinnymarsden
    I thought I called it Wiggins as back up….how did that give away what took place today??
    And I kind of agree with the poster who said if you looked on the Pro Race section, then maybe its your own fault if you have something revealed to you, that you didn't want to know..but hey, if I "offended" anyone, please just take a step back and let me apologise.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I like Wiggins but he's not done much in recent times to suggest he would have been a viable plan B for the podium let alone winning. Even if he was on his 2012 form i wouldnt have bet on him as the parcours just doesnt suit him.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    round+and+round.jpg
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Remarkable
    Remarkable Posts: 187
    I like Wiggins but he's not done much in recent times to suggest he would have been a viable plan B for the podium let alone winning. Even if he was on his 2012 form i wouldnt have bet on him as the parcours just doesnt suit him.

You must have missed Paris Roubaix and the Tour of California this year.
  • gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500

Hypothetically, if he had entered this race as leader of another team (i.e. racing against Sky and Froome) I think he would have finished about 4th. If he had entered this race as part of a Froome-led Sky team, he would have probably come about 20th and not raced for himself. If he had entered this race as part of a Froome-led Sky and today's events had happened, he could easily be in or near yellow at this point and it would have been interesting to see how the rest of the race panned out. People talk as if it's inevitable that he would lose time in the mountains (and, to be honest, I think he probably would lose time to an in-form Contador going on the attack, but not a huge amount) but it's worth remembering that he didn't lose any time to his GC rivals in the mountains in 2012 - he gained time over them, he just gained much more of it in the time trials.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Tennis crap. Rugby crap. Cricket crap. Tour De France crap. It goes on.

From a British sporting success front I mean.

Blimey if Wiggo bags a couple or three Commies gold he's going to be a sure thing for SPOTY! :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.