Garmin Slipstream Cannondale

Turfle
Turfle Posts: 3,762
edited July 2014 in Pro race
the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 1m
Garmin-Sharp/Slipstream merging with Cannondale says La Gazzetta http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/08-07-2 ... 2124.shtml … (Italian) h/t @FranReyesF

As rumoured.

Comments

• Turfle
    Seems like Garmin are incorporating Cannondale. Moser, Viviani, Villella, Formolo, Bettiol, Marangoni, Koren e Mohoric seem to be 8 that will be joining the new team.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Pretty sure a tall annoying guy posted a thread about this on Friday last week....

:P
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    David Millar must have leaked the news. Suck on it Vaughters.

Take out Sagan and Cannondale are awful...slipped a long way from the heights of Liquigas. Will be quite a shake-up for those that move from Cannondale but then maybe it is a good thing and Mohoric and Formolo can have a better path and Moser can get his mojo back.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    iainf72 wrote:
    Pretty sure a tall annoying guy posted a thread about this on Friday last week....

:P

edited cos i make no sense!

Formolo, Villella, Mohoric, Viviani would be a nice influx of talent for Garmin. Moser too potentially.
  • iainf72

Take out Sagan and Cannondale are awful...slipped a long way from the heights of Liquigas. Will be quite a shake-up for those that move from Cannondale but then maybe it is a good thing and Mohoric and Formolo can have a better path and Moser can get his mojo back.

Nah - It was Oleg last week.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    iainf72 wrote:

Nah - It was Oleg last week.

That tweet makes sense now, I think it was pulled.
  • iainf72
    I'm not as stupid as I act on here
    iainf72 wrote:
    All I can think is Garmin will be merging with Cannondale.

Garmin are exiting, but the team will persist. Sagan and Basso on way from Cannondale, American sponsor might want more American bias and Vaughters is quite chummy with Amadio.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Nice work Iain, Basso approves:
    568-Tappa2020-8.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    The deleted Tinkoff Tweet:

"@Vaughters good deal with @cannondalePro. I am very much support it! #changecycling"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vaughte ... e-for-2015
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    568-Tappa2020-8.jpg

"You are a great man Lance" - Overcoming.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    What happens to Ted King?

It'll be an interesting clash of cultures and management. Do we think merger of equals or takeover?

Wonder if cervelo find another team or pull out?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    FocusZing wrote:
    The deleted Tinkoff Tweet:

"@Vaughters good deal with @cannondalePro. I am very much support it! #changecycling"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vaughte ... e-for-2015

Is Oleg the voice behind Viktor the meerkat?