2011 Trek Session 8

felix.london
felix.london Posts: 4,067
edited July 2014 in Your mountain bikes
I guess it's about time I got this up here with some pics. Bought ex-rental in 2012 for €2K. The DH season is only about 10 weeks long here so she still feels like a new bike to me :D

IMG_7161.JPG

Put up with the Elixir R's for 2 seasons...complete shite, glad to see the back of them this year. The Zee's are awesome...
IMG_7166.JPG

IMG_7172.JPG

Truvativ Blackbox Stevie Smith bar went on today...
IMG_7167.JPG

Direct Mount stem went on last year...
IMG_7168.JPG

IMG_7169.JPG

Signed by Justin Leov (Trek World Racing) at last years Megavalanche. Really nice guy...
IMG_7170.JPG

IMG_7174.JPG

Next on the list is replace the 34t Blackspire chainring with a 30t as even small climbs are still a bit of a b1tch with the 11-25t cassette. Then at some point swap the cranks out for Saints and finally change the X7/X9 gears for Zee and she'll be done. Was a really good bike but the new tyres and brakes have made it a great bike now!
"Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8

Comments

• Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    That my friend is a very sexy bike!!
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    One of my favourite bikes right there.

Zee brakes rock.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • felix.london
    Ha! Cheers guys - she's a bit battered a bruised as she should be but yeah, still got the looks.

I'm glad I got the last frame before they changed to the new adjustable geometry in 2012 (and increased the price and dropped the Boxxers!) - I think I prefer the simplicity of the older frame and I couldn't ask her to ride any better really. Also preferred the colour scheme to the 2012 version but the 2013 was back on point IMO

Yeah, great bike and the Zee's are pretty much the perfect DH brake if you ask me - £160 well spent

Trek Session 8
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Lovely, but out of interest, what is the point of getting saint cranks? Or DH Cranks ever for that matter? Its not like normal ones would snap or anything
  • felix.london
    More for the BB tbh

Trek Session 8
  • AshW92
    AshW92 Posts: 67
    Looks mint Felix mate, been toying with the thought of going DH at some point, Session is well up there on the list of possible bikes
  • felix.london
    AshW92 wrote:
    Looks mint Felix mate, been toying with the thought of going DH at some point, Session is well up there on the list of possible bikes

Cheers. Like I say this bike only gets about 10 weekends of use a year but I'm pretty much smiling for the whole time...go for it!

Trek Session 8
  • AshW92
    AshW92 Posts: 67
    Not so much DH riding around here, more of an AM thing around the Lake District, think i'd be best off just renting a DH bike on an Alp trip or something