Boardman Fi Comp GXP with Veloce?

aquickone
aquickone Posts: 148
edited July 2014 in Workshop
This one is probably obvious but I thought it was worth an ask. My girlfriend has a Boardman Fi Comp at the moment with Truativ Elita GXP chainset and 9 speed cassette. I have pretty much a whole group set of Campag Veloce 10 speed minus the chainset in the garage. My question is could I use the 10 speed cassette with the levers etc and "upgrade" it to 10 speed using the current GXP chainset or would this need replacing as well? I'm guessing no but if it would be possible even if only in the short term then that would be great. Many thanks in advance for any help.
Giant Anthem X1
Eddy Merckx EMX-1
Eddy Merckx AMX-1

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I think it would probably be fine. As long as the shifters, mechs and cassette are Campag 10 speed and you're using a 10 speed chain, the chainset is unlikely to cause you a problem.

Give it a go and let us know how it went!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Chainset won't be a problem, but the cassette won't fit your wheel - you might be able to find a Campagnolo -compatible freehub or use a Shimano-splined, Campagnolo-spaced cassette (BBB)
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • aquickone
    aquickone Posts: 148
    I have the right freehub for the wheel already :-) just have to swap them over
    Giant Anthem X1
    Eddy Merckx EMX-1
    Eddy Merckx AMX-1