Nutter attacking cyclists in Aberdeen?

seajays
seajays Posts: 331
edited July 2014 in Commuting chat
Some nutter attacked a cyclist in Aberdeen last week on his way home from work
http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/lo ... n-1.459389

Then my colleague phoned the police last night after she saw a man with a small dog (sounds like the one in the article!), kick the front wheel of a kid riding his bike, knocking him off completely. :x
Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
My Strava

Comments

• Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    Maybe it's the start of vigilantism against pavement cyclists and RLJ'ing.

:shock:
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    doubt it, you dont get that against speeding motorists and they kill 1500 and seriously injure many, many thousands each year (and as for mobile phone use, not looking, amber light speeding up jumping (i.e technically red light jumping) etc etc etc)
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    It's a bit trickier dragging someone from a moving car.
  • seajays
    seajays Posts: 331
    Well although it says footbridge in the article, it's actually a shared cycle/footpath/bridleway, so the commuter wasn't doing anything wrong riding along there.
    Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
    Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
    My Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Seajays wrote:
    Well although it says footbridge in the article, it's actually a shared cycle/footpath/bridleway, so the commuter wasn't doing anything wrong riding along there.
    Unfortunately being wrong doesn't stop a fool getting on his high horse. I've been told off for riding on a shared path before now, you can't tell them they're wrong even when you point out the signs. There is a shared path by the river near us, a colleague insists it is a footpath only and says there are signs to this effect. I've told him I'll give him £100 for a picture of one of these signs as they simply don't exist. Yet he blocks people on bikes and shouts at them for riding on a footpath. I reckon someone will throw him into the river before long.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Seajays wrote:
    Unfortunately being wrong doesn't stop a fool getting on his high horse. I've been told off for riding on a shared path before now, you can't tell them they're wrong even when you point out the signs. There is a shared path by the river near us, a colleague insists it is a footpath only and says there are signs to this effect. I've told him I'll give him £100 for a picture of one of these signs as they simply don't exist. Yet he blocks people on bikes and shouts at them for riding on a footpath. I reckon someone will throw him into the river before long.

Almost pushed some cyclists in the river a couple of weeks ago for their lack of consideration and generally appalling behaviour.
  • veronese68
    gbsahne wrote:
    Almost pushed some cyclists in the river a couple of weeks ago for their lack of consideration and generally appalling behaviour.
    If more people were pushed into a river for such behaviour the world would be a much better place. That's pretty much why my colleague would deserve it, just with the added factor of "knowing" he's right when he so clearly isn't.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Veronese68 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    If more people were pushed into a river for such behaviour the world would be a much better place. That's pretty much why my colleague would deserve it, just with the added factor of "knowing" he's right when he so clearly isn't.

these guys were racing each other on a busy Sunday morning with kids and elderly walkers on the "shared" use path. When told to slow down and race on the roads, I got told to FO....nice
  • veronese68
    gbsahne wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

these guys were racing each other on a busy Sunday morning with kids and elderly walkers on the "shared" use path. When told to slow down and race on the roads, I got told to FO....nice
    A stick through their spokes would have done the job too, preferably whilst they were pointing towards the river for a soft, but wet, landing.
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    I don't use canals anymore - for cycling or walking because of the behaviour of many of the cyclists using the towpaths.
    Riding way too fast with no consideration for walkers or other cyclists.
    Tossers who deserve a dunking in the canal.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Seajays wrote:

Let me know where this is exactly. I'll throw the fucker in.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    doubt it, you dont get that against speeding motorists and they kill 1500
    Very dodgy stats.......it's much much less than that!

2012 only 1750 people were killed on the road, do you really think in nearly 86% was due to speeding motorists, even Tony Bliar only claimed 1/3 (later revised to circa 12% after the gov't admitted a miscalculation - basically they got the temperature wrong when cooking the books).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.