Another Lance Armstrong documentary

tangled_metal
tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
Another one on TV. Is it adding anything? Sick of that era. It's moved on now surely? Cycling is better these days. Time to pick on other sports. Like those that don't have worthwhile testing regimes, no out of competition tests, no tests without long notice periods, etc.
Still, I reckon this documentary will reinforce the image of cycling as drug cheats to those couch potato types who don't follow cycling just heard of Armstrong.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Armstrong didn't dope. He was framed. You haterz are all the same. GO LANCE!!!!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,745
    If someone is fed up of the subject, why start yet another thread on the subject?

I thought it was rather jolly to see the fellow unravel.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Matthewfalle
    I've met Lance loads of times. Wonderful company.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I've commented elsewhere with my views on this 'man' but as this is Bottom Bracket I'll pass on the comments this time.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    who was he, was he the first man on the moon?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Nah, first man on moon was Chris Boardman.
  • AlexMac1973
    AlexMac1973 Posts: 406
    You're all wrong, it was definitely Buzz Lightyear.
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    doesn't he do a lot for charity?
  • Matthewfalle
    Who? Buzz Lightyear? No, he's an intergalactic space warrior/adventurer. Nothing to do with charidee work.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • arran77
    Now Buzz Lightyear I respect a great deal, I have personally meet him numerous times with my other good friend Woody, they are both thoroughly decent chaps :mrgreen:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    arran77 wrote:
    Now Buzz Lightyear I respect a great deal, I have personally meet him numerous times with my other good friend Woody, they are both thoroughly decent chaps :mrgreen:

you got Woody with Buzz?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    arran77 wrote:
    Yeah I've heard you've met woody a few times. The Big girls thread is just a front :wink:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    florerider wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

you got Woody with Buzz?

No, I give Buzz wood :twisted:

:P

seanoconn
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Yeah I've heard you've met woody a few times. The Big girls thread is just a front :wink:

It's quite a front as Mrs 77 will confirm :wink:

seanoconn
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    Lance Armstrong presents a complex and not terribly likeable persona.

He seems driven, single-minded, capable, brave, skilled, immensely strong and blessed with enormous belief in himself - all fine qualities in a succesful athlete.

He also seems to bear awkwardly the scars of a broken childhood - a trait he has in common with many on the pro-tour.

Unusually - and unlike all the top athletes we all love - he also seems arrogant, egotistical, amoral, vindictive, manipulative, mendacious, litigious and possessive.

The guys we love have none of these negative traits. Nor do they have the single, unique quality that demonstrates the wickedness of this wicked, wicked man so clearly:

They lack the ability to act as a lightning conductor to take on all the loathing, disappointment and bitterness we all feel for having been duped for decades by a sport whose top practitioners were juiced all the way to the hilltops and didn't get caught.

Hating Lance gives us licence to continue to love Miguel, Marco, Cadel, Bernard, Laurent and all the other juicers who somehow make us smiley and happy.

There will be lots more films made about this man - and many of them will be worth watching. He fascinates more than he repels.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I suppose people feel more let down because the fairy tale turned out to be a lie. Yes Armstrong was a cheat, but the fans scorn should be directed more towards the governing bodies who were at best incompetent and at the worst, complicit in the years of systematic cheating by many riders.
  • feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333

Is it just coincidence that your post count should number 666 when posting that message?
  • Matthewfalle
    Debeli wrote:
    Lance Armstrong presents a complex and not terribly likeable persona.

He seems driven, single-minded, capable, brave, skilled, immensely strong and blessed with enormous belief in himself - all fine qualities in a succesful athlete.

He also seems to bear awkwardly the scars of a broken childhood - a trait he has in common with many on the pro-tour.

Unusually - and unlike all the top athletes we all love - he also seems arrogant, egotistical, amoral, vindictive, manipulative, mendacious, litigious and possessive.

The guys we love have none of these negative traits. Nor do they have the single, unique quality that demonstrates the wickedness of this wicked, wicked man so clearly:

They lack the ability to act as a lightning conductor to take on all the loathing, disappointment and bitterness we all feel for having been duped for decades by a sport whose top practitioners were juiced all the way to the hilltops and didn't get caught.

Hating Lance gives us licence to continue to love Miguel, Marco, Cadel, Bernard, Laurent and all the other juicers who somehow make us smiley and happy.

There will be lots more films made about this man - and many of them will be worth watching. He fascinates more than he repels.

All that and the fact he's a Khunt.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    feltkuota wrote:

Is it just coincidence that your post count should number 666 when posting that message?

Woah - I didn't even notice that. Well spotted that man. Chapeau.

Does that mean that Dopestrong is actually controlling my post count? Now that would be scary.

Theoretically then, if I type something like "Floyd is cool" I should get an existential punch in the gooch.........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • arran77
    feltkuota wrote:

Woah - I didn't even notice that. Well spotted that man. Chapeau.

ZGSzJZ.png

:shock:

seanoconn