Cycling Widow article...(DT)....

littleprawn
littleprawn Posts: 135
edited July 2014 in Commuting chat
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens ... widow.html

This made me laugh.... :lol:

What’s the real cost?
An outfit of cleats, pedals, shoes, helmet, sunglasses, arm-warmers, leg-warmers, vest, gloves, windproof gilet and cycling jersey can easily devour £600. And one of each item is simply not enough. Even the chamois cream that is rubbed into bum cracks costs £10 for a tiny pot which is more than some half-decent moisturisers.

And don’t even get me started on the knee-length mankini with a padded crotch that is the ‘professional’ cyclist’s ‘bib-shorts’ and can cost more than £100 each. James thinks I’m being deliberately provocative (I am) when I stare at shelf upon shelf of these adult babygros and ask “Remind me how many you wear at any one time?” But at least his crap (sorry, kit) is confined to the garage and his gym. In the Heyes’s household, Jason requested a whole section of their new walk-in wardrobe solely for cycling-wear which – of course - does not crease, yet is resplendent on hangers, “I have the same area of space for all my shoes,” laughs Sue, “But then he does like to look at himself in Lycra for several hours before he goes cycling.”
Cannondale CAADX 5 105
Trek T10

Comments

• wandsworth
    wandsworth Posts: 354
    Stupid articles about MAMILs are the new golf.

I liked this bit:
    There are many tales of obsessive husbands weighing out grams of carbohydrate and eating little more than protein powder to achieve a boy-fat percentage like Bradley Wiggins.
    Shut up, knees!

Various Boardmans, a Focus, a Cannondale and an ancient Trek.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I hated this bit

"There are hundreds of ‘sportifs’ (a pretentious word for bike race)!"
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Amusing comments, basically saying its purile, sexist drivel. At least it doesn't mention RLJ'ing