Monday No Moaning (by me) Thread

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning.

As its officially the day that this thread is about I reckon its ok :lol:

Sun is shinning, not a cloud in the sky and I'm off work today 8)

Even the mother in law visiting for the day won't dampen my mood, just got the school runs to do and then I'm going to head out on the bike for day (that's why the mother in laws visit doesn't bother me :lol: ).

Anyway onwards to getting littlies ready for school and then off to see what the milfs are, or hopefully aren't, wearing today at school :D
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    work meh day, but still happy from a decent lads w.end watching the tour, so :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Morning Peeps,

Normal-ish day in the office the off to the airport to catch a flight to Milan. Veronese will hate me for this but I hope they offer me some milk in my coffee this time as the tiny cup of creosote they usually serve up is rank. Till then, a few hours of coffee and grief....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sun shining, children tolerable, school run, bike ride, weights session. Had some stuff through from work that I have to look through, but to tell the truth, they really are a bore and I don't know if I can be bothered with them anymore.......

Anyhow - espresso? Ooooh, love one. Grazie.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning Peeps,

Normal-ish day in the office the off to the airport to catch a flight to Milan. Veronese will hate me for this but I hope they offer me some milk in my coffee this time as the tiny cup of creosote they usually serve up is rank. Till then, a few hours of coffee and grief....
    Oh dear. Well, I suppose you are from Middlesbrough so perhaps we should try to forgive. I mean that's close to being a Geordie.
    If you tell them you're American they might take pity on you and add a litre of water to your coffee to dilute it. Just don't try and ask for a cup of tea will you.
    Try to get out to some nicer parts of town for a bit of totty spotting, you won't be disappointed. Which airport are you near? Linate is not far from town, Malpensa is ill thought and bloody miles away.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Up at 6 this morning, to take my OH's dad to the park for a short bike ride with her.

He hadn't ridden a bike in 47 years, but used to race (his best 25 mile time trial was 1:00:07, apparently), and knew Tom Simpson.

So last night we lowered the seat post on my bike, took the pedals off and put on flat ones, and this morning I took the front wheel off, stuck it, him, and the rest of the bike in the Fiesta, and drove him and the bike up to Richmond, while she rode hers up there. Then they went for a little ride round the flat bits together.

Thank god he didn't crash... apparently he finds the steering twitchy :)

Now they're off to London together to watch the Tour.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh dear. Well, I suppose you are from Middlesbrough so perhaps we should try to understand.

FTFY.

Quite agree, an espresso sat outside watching the "world" go by in Milan is great day out. Such elegance compared to here.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning Peeps,

Oh dear. Well, I suppose you are from Middlesbrough so perhaps we should try to forgive. I mean that's close to being a Geordie.
    If you tell them you're American they might take pity on you and add a litre of water to your coffee to dilute it. Just don't try and ask for a cup of tea will you.
    Try to get out to some nicer parts of town for a bit of totty spotting, you won't be disappointed. Which airport are you near? Linate is not far from town, Malpensa is ill thought and bloody miles away.
    Linate, but arrive at the hotel late this eve the straight to office and to airport to come home. A more leisurely trip will have to wait.

And nothing anyone says about culture etc will make me like expresso, so there... (You can take the boy out of Middlesbrough etc etc)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    You sit to drink an espresso in Italy? I thought you just went in, asked for one stood there a second, drank it then left asked for another.

On the coffee note, went to make an espresso this morning, took a swig spat it out, the "better" half had left the stuff open on the kitchen for the last 5 days.

Back to work and interview prep in the hope of making an honest man out of myself
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    You sit to drink an espresso in Italy? I thought you just went in, asked for one stood there a second, drank it then left asked for another.
    You do, but there's only so much education the heathen can take at once. If you stand at the bar and order a coffee the price is capped and protected by law. Sit down and they can charge whatever they want.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    You do, but there's only so much education the heathen can take at once. If you stand at the bar and order a coffee the price is capped and protected by law. Sit down and they can charge whatever they want.
    On the way to the airport now. I'm wondering if that is well intentioned advice or a subtle attempt to make me look like a bell end in Milan :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Right: summer 2015: select BB massif trip to Italia.

Fly to Bologna Friday morning, ride all day. Eat drink, make merry. Decent riding all day Saturday. Repeat eating, drinking, etc. repeat Sunday. Fly home Monday morn.

Who's up for it?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    On the way to the airport now. I'm wondering if that is well intentioned advice or a subtle attempt to make me look like a bell end in Milan :)

Any piccies of Milanese Carabinieri's norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • arran77
    Nice 57 mile ride in the sun, the ghey roadie tan is coming on a treat :lol:

Mother in law was still here when I got home but at least she'd made cakes 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Matthewfalle
    Any pics of her norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Any piccies of Milanese Carabinieri's norks?
    I'll see what I can do tomorrow...

Currently waiting to board the plane surrounded by what looks like an Italian girls sixth form school trip headed home 8) I am enjoying being stuck in a queue for once :twisted:
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm wondering if that is well intentioned advice or a subtle attempt to make me look like a bell end in Milan :)
    I'm deeply offended that you think I would try to make you look like a bell end, I'm sure you don't need my help. :P
    Coffee stood at the bar is capped at 1 Euro, even in major tourist traps. I'm not sure if this applies to all coffees though, probably not to a litre Frothy Mocha Choco Frappe Latte Ghey. But it certainly applies to a Caffe (espresso) may apply to something like a Macchiato (espresso with milk) it won't apply to a Corretto (espresso followed by Grappa). They are the only coffees any self respecting person is allowed to drink after breakfast.
    For reference my granny used to drink Macchiatos.
  • Matthewfalle
    Agree 100% re coffee drinking. Espresso only, you're allowed a cappuccino if it's breakfast time. The only exception of having an espresso is a double espresso.

Friggin' idiots who have a 4 course meal with wine then order a cappuccino at 11 at night. Deserve to end up the same way as Il Duce did ...........

As an aside, A university study showed that Alsager had the largest number of post dinner cappuccino drinkers in the UK. This and the greatest number of paedophiles per square metre of town boundaries in the world. What a place. Napalm it, that's what I say ...................

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    I'll probably get no choice but to drink small cups of creosote in the office anyway so I may as well get on with it. I am ready to look like a total bell end in Milan tomorrow and I will be wearing my 'I'm a roadie' t-shirt just make sure :wink:

Christ those Italian sixth formers were very distracting but would they ****ing shut up for even 2 minutes on the plane? Think I'll hot the mini bar when I get to the hotel and see what totty filled game shows are on TV-ITI.
  • veronese68
    Is Colpo Grosso still on Italian telly? That's a game show like none over here. Yes, Italian girls en mass may a hell of a noise, that's definitely a downside.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll probably get no choice but to drink small cups of creosote in the office anyway so I may as well get on with it. I am ready to look like a total bell end in Milan tomorrow and I will be wearing my 'I'm a roadie' t-shirt just make sure :wink:

Christ those Italian sixth formers were very distracting but would they ****ing shut up for even 2 minutes on the plane? Think I'll hot the mini bar when I get to the hotel and see what totty filled game shows are on TV-ITI.

Did they all clap when the plane landed? I must admit that it makes me smile and realise that I'm home every time that happens.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Can't see it, seems to be mostly dubbed American stuff. Have found mini bar :)
  • veronese68
    I'm sure there are some industrial areas around Linate, the hookers won't be far away then.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Did they all clap when the plane landed? I must admit that it makes me smile and realise that I'm home every time that happens.
    Yes - and screamed. They did the same thing when it took off as well. London can't have been that bad?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm sure there are some industrial areas around Linate, the hookers won't be far away then.
    Bit rainy out for the hookers last night. And they don't have many ditches round here either. The area is called Vimodrone - not exactly a tourist destination.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Had a busy morning yesterday followed by ducking out at lunch for the rest of the day. Got a good spot outside Liz's gaff to watch the race, cold see down birdcage and the Mall. Had a good chat with Serge Betsen. Loads of free madelaines and other goodies. Sat and watched the music in Trafalger Square, rode home.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Flâneur
    On the note of protected prices, Italy has coffee France croissant s etc is thee anything in the uk?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    On the note of protected prices, Italy has coffee France croissant s etc is thee anything in the uk?
    Anything at Poundland?
  • Matthewfalle
    Any piccies of Poundland girls' norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • arran77
    Any piccies of Poundland girls' norks?

They made a £1 bra, http://www.cpfc.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-244298.html :D

ml5kz7.jpg

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    Thats Arran banned and another friend locked. at least this is daily
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy