Advice: Gloves for Criterium's?

Fozz
Fozz Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Road beginners
Hi all,
I'm relatively new to the forums and would greatly appreciate any advice you could offer me. I'm looking for a pair of full length gloves to wear whilst riding in Criterium's so in the inevitable event of a crash I don't mess my hands up. The local tracks I attend are tight and are attended by lots of new nervous riders.

Any advice would be great, if you guys have any experience with a pair It would be great hear your feedback. :)

Cheers,
Forrest

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Gloves are a bit like shoes - you need to find a pair that will fit you personally. Any full fingered cycling glove will do the job - the rest is down to your budget and whether it fits well or not...
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    661 Raji are unpadded MTB gloves, but are very light, well ventilated and surprisingly durable - they are my choice for inline speed skating where you can hit the tarmac at 40kph and rather not lose any skin. Keirin track gloves if you want more protection. Giro do some nice padded ones too.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Not sure you need full fingers... your palms are the most exposed part and the one that will bear the impact if you go down.
    I like leather. I have a pair of Bontrager leather gloves. I went down on the Paris-Roubaix cobbles at nearly 20 mph, landed right on my hands and the leather did a sterling job... meaning it did hurt like hell afterwards, but I could finish the ride and din't lose any skin
    left the forum March 2023