scarthie99
scarthie99 Posts: 209
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
any info on mountiain bike Insurance need to Insurance my bike cheers :D

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'd recommend some punctuation as well.

Getting it covered on your home insurance will be infinitely cheaper than standalone policies.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Allianz and Tesco both cover bikes as 'normal' valuable items.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    I found Sheila's Wheels the best for me. They don't require your bike to be fastened to a ground anchor etc it just needs to be in a locked building (garage, shed etc). They also cover theft if it's locked in, or onto, your car.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • scarthie99
    edited July 2014
    i can not put on my dad home insurance,so i need to get insured for myself so need any info a good Cycling Insurance company :shock:
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    scarthie99 wrote:
    i can not put on my dad home insurance need to take out one for my self just need info insurance

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    scarthie99 wrote:
    i can not put on my dad home insurance need to take out one for my self just need info insurance

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY

:lol::lol:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • njee20
    scarthie99 wrote:
    i can not put on my dad home insurance,so i need to get insured for myself so need any info a good Cycling Insurance company :shock:

Are you sure it's not covered on their house insurance anyway?

What's the bike and value? I've never seen a policy exclude bikes altogether, but they do often have a £500 limit unless you name them as separate items.
  • I`ve just had my bike nicked by the gypsys.
    You should be covered on your MTB but upto the value of £1000
    You need t tell them if its more expensive than that as it will be classed as a personal posession
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I`ve just had my bike nicked by the gypsys.
    You need t tell them if its more expensive than that as it will be classed as a personal posession
    Reading between the lines of your random word salad; how the hell do you know what his father's policy covers?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • njee20
    cooldad wrote:
    I`ve just had my bike nicked by the gypsys.
    Reading between the lines of your random word salad; how the hell do you know what his father's policy covers?

This.
  • scarthie99
    i got scott Scale Premium it cost my &2660 so i have to get my own insurance policy out just need a good insurance
    company
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    scarthie99 wrote:
    i got scott Scale Premium it cost my &2660 so i have to get my own insurance policy out just need a good insurance
    company

Goooooogle.
  • IDave
    IDave Posts: 223
    scarthie99 wrote:
    company

Do they not teach grammar at school these days?! This thread is enough to reduce an English teacher to tears. :?
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    IDave wrote:
    scarthie99 wrote:
    company

Do they not teach grammar at school these days?! This thread is enough to reduce an English teacher to tears. :?

Wot u on abowt u div, lik he dus english propper
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    IDave wrote:
    scarthie99 wrote:
    company

What's more troubling is that someone who can barely write can afford a £2660 bike...
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • IDave
    IDave Posts: 223

What's more troubling is that someone who can barely write can afford a £2660 bike...

To be fair he seems to have actually paid &2660 for it, I'm not sure what the current £>& exchange rate is so it may not be as much as you think. :lol:
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    Notwithstanding the grammar lessons, the cheapest way will be to have it as a named item on your dads insurance policy.

If you absolutely can't do that (and why not?) it is likely to get pretty expensive.
  • WhyteSky
    WhyteSky Posts: 70
    How seriously disappointing!

I've been reading this forum for a long time now but have never felt the need to post and have therefore never registered. However, reading this thread, and how it has rapidly deteriorated into a string of insults aimed at the OP, I felt I needed to register and respond.

Who the hell do you people think you are? The OP asked a question. A perfectly valid question. A question about bike insurance. They have since advised that they can't cover their bike on a home insurance policy and therefore require specific bike insurance.

OK, so the OP isn't very good at punctuation. Who cares!? They didn't come here for an English lesson, they came for advice.

What they received in return was a string of abuse. Sarcastic comments about punctuation.

SHAME ON YOU ALL. You're out of order. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be a Literary Genuis.

The OP could be a DH champion. They could be a maths genius. They could be an extremely successful business person. YOU DO NOT KNOW.

Please be reminded that Alan Sugar, that's LORD Sugar BTW, can't read or write. Richard Branson is dyslexic. Sorry, I meant SIR Richard Branson.

Please, next time you feel the need to ridicule someone for something you take for granted, think. Think about the feelings of the person you are about to abuse. They are just like everyone else.

Once again, SHAME ON YOU.

To the OP - I'm not in a position to recommend an insurer. However, what I would say is to try Google. Once you've found a company that you think may be suitable Gppgle them for reviews. Check the terms and conditions of any policy you take out carefully and make sure you adhere to them or you won't be paid out in the event of a loss. Last time I checked the annual cost to insure a bike was 10% of the replacement value. That was four years ago though so may have changed.

Good luck.
  • njee20
    How's the view from that high horse? :roll:

There's plenty of sound advice on here. A standalone policy will almost certainly be more than an entire home insurance policy, hence the recommendations to check there. We've not been told why that's not an option, and it's far and away the best bet.

There's some piss taking about the OPs shit typing yes, it helps to be able to convey what you're trying to say in a coherent fashion. Typing ampersands instead of pound signs is laziness and inattentiveness. I don't care if he's Baroness Alan Branson or whatever.

OP if you want a standalone insurer CycleGuard are a partner of British Cycling. I'd just self insure though, they wanted over £1000 just to cover my MTB. It's (along with both road bikes) covered on my home insurance which is £150.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    WhyteSky wrote:
    How seriously disappointing!

I've been reading this forum for a long time now... plus some more words.

Seriously?

You've missed a lot of opportunities for some righteous indignation before now.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools