Clothing repairs

mathematics
mathematics Posts: 453
edited July 2014 in Workshop
Not sure if this is in the correct place??

Daft lad of the day award surely goes to goes me, today, and most other days. On leaving the cafe on todays ride i rode over the deeper than expected gravel and TIMBER! I went on my backside. Pride was damaged but annoyingly so were my shorts and knee warmers (I know I was a wuss wearing knee warmers today, but I have a knee issue from football and warmers do help).

Anyway I have 2 or 3 small holes in my shorts and I'm wondering can I repair them? If so, how? If I don't repair them will the holes get bigger?

The shorts are new and just wanted to prolong their use a little more than 2 rides!!

Thank you

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pop down the local clothes altering woman - ours does her magic for a tenner or so to most holes.

Some manufacturers also do a returns repair service - I have used Assos' before.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mathematics
    Pop down the local clothes altering woman - ours does her magic for a tenner or so to most holes.

Some manufacturers also do a returns repair service - I have used Assos' before.

Yellow pages it is then. Thank you
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,180
    iron-on wetsuit repair patches are another option
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • mathematics
    sungod wrote:
    iron-on wetsuit repair patches are another option

Thanks Sungod, any idea how long these last?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,180
    i repaired some castelli bodypaint bibs after an off put several holes on the thigh, it was caused by a car so insurance got me new ones, the repaired ones i used on my daily commute for over two years, so they had hundreds of washes and the repair held fine

the important thing is to apply enough heat/pressure to get a good bond, especially at the edges of the patch, also make sure neither is under tension when applying or it'll all ruffle up

apply the patch on the inside, the material is soft and stretchy, no issues with chafing
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    There's a guy in my [Guildford] club that does cycling alterations and I expect repairs too - he's extremely handy. www.cyclealterations.co.uk although the website seems to be down at the moment. PM if me if interested and I will pass on his details.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • mathematics
    I found the website to be down too when I looked yesterday.

Please do send me his details. Thank you

The shorts are Lusso and they got back to me this morning and said to send them in and they'll see what they can do, hopefully not too costly! :-D