2015 Gear

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    B7JjMPFCIAAte_L.jpg:large
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    That's made my eyes bleed.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I quite like the bike, but the kit is terrible, is there not a pair of blue arm warmers anywhere, that would improve it.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Fluro bike and shoes are good with the regular kit but the colour combo with Sagan's kit is just wrong.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    I'm usually a fan of fluro but that just makes an already ugly kit horrible...
  • CGRenn wrote:
    Also have Quick-Step lost Zipp as there Wheel supplier ?

No SRAM = no Zipp. As with Saxo they've moved to Dura Ace and Roval. AG2R are now on SRAM so they're on Zipp wheels.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Fluro bike and shoes are good with the regular kit but the colour combo with Sagan's kit is just wrong.

The trouble is that it starts to look like those idiots that buy a black commuter bike and then stick flourescent tape all over it so they can be 'visible'.

Plus, Italians do it better ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Always surprised by how upright Sagan sits.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,660

I was thinking similar, and wondered if this was because Spesh have not yet built him a special frame. There was a feature somewhere on his Cannondale which noted it was a custom frameset with the top tube of a 58 cm frame fitted to the head and seat tube of a 54, making a very long low position. This Specialized bike looks to have a much taller headtube than his old machine.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

I was thinking similar, and wondered if this was because Spesh have not yet built him a special frame. There was a feature somewhere on his Cannondale which noted it was a custom frameset with the top tube of a 58 cm frame fitted to the head and seat tube of a 54, making a very long low position. This Specialized bike looks to have a much taller headtube than his old machine.

Nah, not the first time I've noticed.

He's quite happy bending his arms at the elbows when he's racing, but he's always quite upright, even on the drops.

On Hoods 1379283983-peter-sagan-wins-the-grand-prix-cycliste-de-montreal_2692338.jpg

Usual drop position
    Peter_Sagan-break_2866374a.jpg

I blame the non-road background.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250

Flouro bike and shoes are very, very old hat.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    SRAM wireless in Tour Down Under

SRAM-Red-Wireless-electronic-road-shifting-group-closeup-2015-3.jpg
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229

looks like a club runner... not aero at all. needs a longer top tube or a 230mm stem.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Easier to pull wheelies innit ;)

Suspect Rick is right though, it's a throwback to his glorious heroic MTB background!
    inseine wrote:

:shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inseine
    ddraver wrote:
    Easier to pull wheelies innit ;)

Suspect Rick is right though, it's a throwback to his glorious heroic MTB background!
    inseine wrote:

:shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D

Frame manufacturers are going to have to find neater ways of treating the holes in the tubes now that they have manual/wired/wireless options. The Focus uses black tape..................
  • andyp
    I'd have thought Shimano are well on their way to a wireless groupset too.

To be honest, I've always thought wired electronic shifting was a half way house and that a fully wireless experience was always going to be where it ended up. It's much neater and the only real challenge is how you power the front and rear mechs.
  • inseine
    andyp wrote:
    I'd have thought Shimano are well on their way to a wireless groupset too.

To be honest, I've always thought wired electronic shifting was a half way house and that a fully wireless experience was always going to be where it ended up. It's much neater and the only real challenge is how you power the front and rear mechs.

Yes, instead of having to remember to charge the battery i assume you now have to remember to charge 4!
  • Anonymous
    wireless charging
  • cgrenn
    cgrenn Posts: 206
    CGRenn wrote:
    Anybody note Cavs shoes in this VT?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/30736418

Hope he hasn't gone back to Nike! as I Just Brought the S-Works CVNDSH Shoes yesterday!

Looks like hes Definitely gone back to nike.... :?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/ ... ase/331734
  • inseine
    coriordan wrote:
    wireless charging

Yeah , when you're riding in a bunch you could just suck the power from everybody elses batteries :D
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    There's something about wireless charging and the thought of electricity just randomly passing through the air that unsettles me. I realise this isn't how it actually works, but.... well, you know.
  • Anonymous
    Will it electrocute my tin foil hat?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Pokerface wrote:
    There's something about wireless charging and the thought of electricity just randomly passing through the air that unsettles me. I realise this isn't how it actually works, but.... well, you know.
    Not quite, but close! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Pokerface wrote:
    I know a 'company' that is about to start doing testing on digital gearing, bike computers and wireless setups.

They believe that these can be manipulated in close-ish proximity. For example, an unexpected gear change being forced or stats being manipulated. Looking forward to seeing the results. But yeah, as with all things that aren't hard wired, there's always going to be a way in.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • frenchfighter
    Cofidis Orbea...looks good until you see the whole thing.

tumblr_ni0o2ztbQo1rpffj4o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ni0o2ztbQo1rpffj4o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ni0o2ztbQo1rpffj4o4_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    B7eBpDsCcAES94O.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    Cavendish back on nike.
    B7jpkbvIUAA9l-F.jpg

Bontrager aero helmet
    B7iYmcnCUAAoD3N.jpg
    ca504c60a0fc1d4ac625c978589437a0.jpg

IMG_20150116_131620.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Good point, he's gone for a negative rise stem too. They need to get the factory in Taiwan cracking on that.

And no more repainting your last year's frame until your new sponsors' bike is dialled in. Too many internet geeks. My fave was Tafi's 'Cervelo' C40. Back then digital cameras were about 1 megapixel so no concerns with being spotted.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • frenchfighter
    PIC515384379.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    PIC515384379.jpg

I do hope that's only his training kit, and that he'll wear the proper white champs jersey. That kit last year was mint.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.