Friendly club in Poole/Bournemouth

mustgetinthezone
mustgetinthezone Posts: 52
edited July 2014 in Road beginners
Hey all,

I have been a long time lurker here, made a few posts in my road bikes and classifieds though. I have been cycling solo for a few years now and done a few triathlons too, but now I would like to join a club.

Can anyone recommend a friendly club in the Poole/Bournemouth area? I know a few people in Zoom Tri but does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for help

Comments

• rrsodl
    rrsodl Posts: 486
    I can recommend the CTC or Christchurch Bicucle club. Search for their website or just turn up on a Sat before 9 AM at the Waitrose car park in Christchurch - Both are very friendly bunch - On a Sat morning both clubs do a mainly social ride to Burley where they stop for coffee and a chat at the Old Farmhouse.
  • Thanks, I think I've seen the Christchurch club around the New Forest a few times. Might email the club first rather than just turn up though. Any experience of Poole Wheelers?
  • rrsodl
    rrsodl Posts: 486
    Not really but I believe they are more of a competitive club.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Thanks, I think I've seen the Christchurch club around the New Forest a few times. Might email the club first rather than just turn up though. Any experience of Poole Wheelers?

Poole Wheelers, Bournemouth Arrows, Jubillee, Wessex, New Forest... etc are competitive road cycling clubs. If you want morning club runs and time trialling they would be the right path to follow. I don't think they take their racing _THAT_ seriously, unless for people who want to. Have a look at their websites.

I would pick the one which is nearest to where you live as the conurbation is quite big.

My dad was a member of Dorset Rough Riders which is off road oriented and seemed friendly enough - well they put up with my dad.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme