Tour Sunday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

This is the first weekend in a veeeery long time that I've had completely to myself. Genuinely feel like I should do this more often. It makes me realise how people are so tired during the week compared to the way I feel.

Anywho, today, I'm contemplating going to watch the tour of France thing. Will probably cycle out to a more remote place, mainly because I don't like people. I'm sure I won't be the only one with that idea though.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning lovers of bike

listening to the weather outside i think today will be TV based, may pop into town later to see how the prep for tomorrows grand depart are coming on.

Hope Matthew H doesn't come down here on his TdF drinkathon, there'll be no booze left in the pubs!

Anyhoo, proper fry up inbound with some black pudding from Bury, Yorkshire!!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Morning Mongs,

My body armour reeked so much I had to wash it to stop the complaints from the rest of the family about the stench in the garage :) Have also done a spot of car fettling in advance of next Friday's outing. A few more jobs then I'm getting stuff ready for a work trip to Milan tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Grass hoovered, house jobs done.

Weather is spot on.

I'll watch the ghey lycra men cum past at the bottom of the road in a bit (think they're due to come past at 2:30), then back to doing something productive like repairing the bike after yesterdays epic ride which took its toll on the poor ole thing.

Happy bumming!
  • thekickingmule
    bg13 wrote:
    Anyhoo, proper fry up inbound with some black pudding from Bury, Yorkshire!!
    Wash your God-Damned mouth out!!!

We're the red rose! We don't associate with Frenchies

250px-Lancashire_rose_svg.png
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • thekickingmule
    Briggo wrote:
    I'll watch the ghey lycra men cum past at the bottom of the road in a bit (think they're due to come past at 2:30),
    Where abouts in da Hudd are you? I met up with CWNT this morning. Heading out to Holme in a bit to see if it's quieter there
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Briggo wrote:
    I'll watch the ghey lycra men cum past at the bottom of the road in a bit (think they're due to come past at 2:30),
    Where abouts in da Hudd are you? I met up with CWNT this morning. Heading out to Holme in a bit to see if it's quieter there

Between Hudd and Honley, was watching along the A616. 30 mins of hanging around for 20 seconds of pleasure...

Holme being quiet? You're avin a laff, that was probably the busiest part of the whole race. Everyone went mad for the Holme Hill climb.
  • thekickingmule
    Yup. You're not wrong! I did manage to find a nice quietish corner though. Didn't get a great view, but got to see them climb the hill. Damn they're quick!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Damn they're quick!
    That'd be the drugs. I'd be just as quick if I took as many drugs but my body is a temple and I refuse to poison it with such things.
    Afternoon all. Haven't done a whole lot today, what a surprise. Went to a neighbours for a bbq yesterday and ate and drank too much. Went to my folks for lunch today then skinned a couple of fingers working on the Mini. About to go for a ride round Richmond Park with the main objective of getting to a pub. Asked the boy if he wanted to join us as he managed a lap on his unicycle yesterday. He laughed at me and said he could barely climb the stairs. Wimp.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Back from the hilly place that is Yorkshire.

Great fun the last couple of days, but knackered now. Time for a bath and bed