Sportful BF Pro Size advice?

bigpikle
bigpikle Posts: 1,690
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hoping someone can help me as info seems very vague on the web.

I'm after their bibtights and looking at L or XL. 6' and 74kg. I have Castelli Sorpasso in XL which fit well but maybe 1" too long. I also have Assos in M which are tight but good fit.

As they are a race cut and as they are made by Castelli I'm thinking size up but their jersey/jackets dont come up especially small.

Anyone offer a good comparison please - will be ordering from a european retailer as they are the only ones with the version I want, so could really do without the return post costs :(
Your Past is Not Your Potential...

Comments

• akastana
    akastana Posts: 66
    If you are happy with the XL in Castelli I'd go with the same size, if you think they are a little long go down to an L - hope that helps!
  • marshall_a
    marshall_a Posts: 90
    I'm 178cm, 90kg with inside leg of 31" so longer body\short legs and wear size L in Sportful BF bibs. I do have a XL pair of the winter bibs so a different lycra which are too big for me really, likewise a pair of assos size L which are too big (have lost weight since I bought them). If your a M in Assos then I'd try L in sportful first.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Sportful own Castelli - clothing sizes are identical IME
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • bigpikle
    cheers guys - went for XL in the end so hopefully it will be OK. I'd really rather not return them to spain if I can help it!

I'll put up my finidngs when I get them in case its of use for others.
  • cswitch
    cswitch Posts: 261
    For me, Castelli shorts are quite a bit tighter but medium both fit. If you are the top end of a particular size in Sportful then maybe you would need to size up on castelli but then it also depends on which range v which range.
  • bigpikle
    Well, just in case anyone else has the same question...

I ended up with buying both the Bodyfit Pro tights and a pair of the R&D bibshorts in XL. BOTH are significantly smaller than than the Castelli XL's. I can fit in them but they are tight, when the Castelli XL is comfortable.

It would seem Sportful comes up even smaller than Castelli Italian sizes !!!!!
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    i found the straps were to short on Castelli and Sportfuls
    Nce shorts apart from that though

MAtt
  • tazmon
    tazmon Posts: 107
    I'm 5ft 8in and 74 kg and where medium Bodyfit Pro bibs and tights. Straps on the bibs are short though!

Cheers
    Rory
    Road - Scott Solace
    Mountain - Santa Cruz Tazmon (retro) and Scott Spark