what bike is this plz?

justin1978
justin1978 Posts: 18
edited July 2014 in MTB general
Hi,
ive just brought a second hand from a well know auction site and have a bit of a problem.It needs new bearings in the swing arn but I have no idea what make it is.Its been re-sprayed so there are no markings on it at all.

I took it into my local bike shop but they wernt interested in it at all so im left scratching my head wondering what to do with it now as I don't want to ride it and damage it but im gagging to get out on it.

Im hoping and praying that somebody on here might recognize the frame shape and point me in the right direction.

Here are some pics

bikey1.jpg

bikey2.jpg

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Bearings are nothing special. See what it says on them. And find another bike shop.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bikaholic
    bikaholic Posts: 350
    Looks like an earlier Diamondback FS bike.

Later ones had a gusset on the upper side at the seat tube/top tube junction. Current ones have an ergonomic swoop shape frame.

Take a picture of the derailleur hanger as that will give us more info on the frame.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Whatever it is, the easiest way is still to take the old bearings out - they have to come out anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There are a few frames very similar to this - the aforementioned Diamond Back, Decathlon Rockrider SIX series, and certain Haro models. Plus a myriad of ebay specials, though the RockShox kit points it to a decent low to middle end model.
  • justin1978
    justin1978 Posts: 18
    Thanks guys for your replies.

I did have a tiny suspicion that it might be a diamondback but I couldn't find any pics on the internet and being out of the bike scene for about 15 years didn't help either lol

Just out of interest what kind of price would you of paid for the bike?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I wouldn't have bought it. Of more relevance is what you paid.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools