Commute on Monday 7th (London)

dazzTurning
dazzTurning Posts: 67
edited July 2014 in Commuting chat
So,

For those not lucky enough who work in London and cant get out to watch the tour...

I ride along the embankment from white chapel to Putney area.. Usually leave work around 5pm. Do people think the embankment will still be closed to cars by this point?

Ta

Comments

• surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    was thinking the same myself - for most events it takes them hours or even days longer than it should to reopen roads - but you would only have to get on once then it could be cycling heavan
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    My alternative route is past Buck Palace and Fleet St, any better?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Squawk
    Squawk Posts: 132
    My office is literally over the route on lower Thames street (straight over Cannon Street Station), and I cycle up there to tower bridge to get home. I think I'm buggered. Def gonna try and get some pics. Pity the windows don't open
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Back roads to the River Lea, along the river then across Hackney Marshes to the Olympic Park, through the Park to in front of the big screen. Watch the majority of the stage on the big screen then wander a few metres to watch the race live.

And I'm getting paid.

Its a hard life.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • I commute into the City from Romford and this morning the roads were deserted....it was fantastic. Is there an e-petition to ban vehicles from London yet....may just get my signature! :lol:

As an aside, I'm planing on riding the Stage 3 route in a couple of weeks, anyone seen a GPX file of the route I could use?
  • Is blackfriers bridge open?
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Is blackfriers bridge open?

yes as it goes over the Embankment. Only Tower, Southwark and Westminster are shut