Reporting from TdF_chuffin LLL Leeds_Ripon_Harewood

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited July 2014 in Pro race
I arrived in Yorkshire yesterday. Checked out a bit of the route fore and aft Ripon.

ooo intt t posh in Ripon.
Actually I have been before!
Wasn't a lot of obvious activity. Parking my bike in the town square (just off the route) and having a cup of coffee you would kinda think they don't see a bike that often.. :shock:

Could take some time out today might go and try the Cote de Griton Moor...

Comments

• RideOnTime
    There's a whole lot of bikes up there........

Reeth looking sooooo busy now. Bikes, 4 by 4's, caravans its fookin chaos.... :shock:
  • RideOnTime
    Up at sparrow fart and ready for some cycling....
    :):):) Pouring with rain :x . This will soon pass I reckon. Still finalising route plans. Looks like you can't get from Harewood into Harrogate directly the A61 seems to be closed from the river Wharfe...
  • RideOnTime
    Was in Harewood by 9.00am... caravan slow to arrive.
    A61 was open to cyclists and was like the biggest sportif you've ever seen - just 7 miles to get to the Fan Park in Harrogate.
    Fan Park was a mixed bag. Seemed to be lots of people in corporate hospitality who had paid £150 a piece to stand at a bar :? :? .
    Took up position at the finish about 1.5 hours in advance. It was packed. Treated to a sight of David Cameron, David Beckham and Geoff Boycott.. great. I'm so glad they had good seats.
    Then we get a full pack of Royals. Kate, William and Harry and loads of other hangers on.
    Could I see anyone go over the line.... could I fook. I have never seen people so tall and with such long arms who took up the first 11 rows :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Great day though.
  • RideOnTime
    Scenes from outside Harewood House

29ylbeo.jpg

2v2jcir.jpg

2h3btdl.jpg

20ktcew.jpg

Harrogate
    v487d1.jpg

333ddmb.jpg

Kate Middleton is in the green dress.

5lt82g.jpg

2psouf4.jpg

30jmu6s.jpg
  • RideOnTime
    2rpeh3r.jpg
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    'Kate Middleton is in the green dress'

From the pic I think that was a paramedic :wink:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • RideOnTime
    josame wrote:
    'Kate Middleton is in the green dress'

From the pic I think that was a paramedic :wink:

Yes :) . she is right in the middle of the picture - that's why she's a Middleton.
    Looks regal and a bit fit if that's not an oxymoron.

Not sure if the paramedic was anything special :shock: although points for being a caring type.