Bike Radar

RDW
RDW Posts: 1,900
edited August 2014 in The cake stop
Literally:

http://makezine.com/2014/07/02/the-tran ... ar-device/
http://www.dragoninnovation.com/project ... r-by-ikubu

I know mirrors aren't fashionable on road bikes, but this seems to be taking things a bit far.

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    The spiel reminded me of that which accompanies toilet cleaner.....

You know the ones "Eradicates all the germs that are on the bowl and hiding under the rim" It's a toilet FFS, it's going to have germs in it, therefore don't eat your food off it.

Likewise with this. It's solving a problem that doesn't need solving. There will always be cars coming up from behind, so what? Can you do anything about it? The routes I'm on, the indicator lights up front would be giving me seizures.

The older I get, the better I was.

• CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Y'know, in all the time I've been visiting and posting on this site I've never really given much thought to what 'BikeRadar' actually means...

:oops:
  • Wigster
    Wigster Posts: 47
    Just watched/heard about this.

I like the idea initially, but it seems pointless at the same time, sure you know when a car is getting near you/about to pass you, but you still have no idea whether that car is just going to ram into the back of you or pass you by safely.
    Cannondale Caad 8 Sora
    QuadLock iPhone 5 Mount / Garmin Edge 810 [HRM / Cadence]
    Swissstop Flash Pro Green Brakes
    2 x Cube Bottle Cages
    Pedals: SHIMANO R540 - Shoes: Shimano R088
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Could be handy when eerily quiet electric cars become more widespread. But then, given how many coolness points I lose by having a rear-view mirror on my road bike, how much worse is it to have a radar?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Maybe the radar should be wired into one of these:

Rpg-7.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!